Nutrition

Dieting Does Not Work, Researches Report

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Dieting Does Not Work, Researches Report

Postby DiliosOfSparta » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:59 am

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 162428.htm

Brief quote from the article.
"People on diets typically lose 5 to 10 percent of their starting weight in the first six months, the researchers found. However, at least one-third to two-thirds of people on diets regain more weight than they lost within four or five years, and the true number may well be significantly higher, they said.

"Although the findings reported give a bleak picture of the effectiveness of diets, there are reasons why the actual effectiveness of diets is even worse," Mann said. "

What do they mean by dieting? Is that like eating one meal a day or a certain type of food?

For me dieting is like only eating this and this types of foods,
interesting read thou.
After Xerxes asked King Leondias to surrender and he would be king of all of Greece.

"If you knew what is good in life, you would abstain from wishing for foreign things. For me it is better to die for Greece than to be monarch over my compatriots" - King Leonidas

August 10th 480 B.C.
DiliosOfSparta
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:06 am

It`ll mean that they are on a calorie restricted diet...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby JRicher » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:40 pm

well i mean this depends on the diet they have now if you go on a stupid no carb diet offcourse your gonna gain back mass amounts of weight once you get off of it but if you just start drinking diet pop and use slenda instead of sugar and not use as much salt you will keep the weight off
JRicher
Helot
Helot

Postby DiliosOfSparta » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:31 pm

mark twain uses high good fat,low carb diet which is very intresting wouldn't you say so?

of course this is for carbs im all for getting bigger and cutter so im going to need some carbs at least after my workout
After Xerxes asked King Leondias to surrender and he would be king of all of Greece.

"If you knew what is good in life, you would abstain from wishing for foreign things. For me it is better to die for Greece than to be monarch over my compatriots" - King Leonidas

August 10th 480 B.C.
DiliosOfSparta
Helot
Helot

Return to Nutrition