It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:57 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

any good

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Eric » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:05 pm

I was just reading the pdf thinking this sounds alot like the warrior diet sanga posted up the other day, then half way in it actually says its this has appeared as the warrior diet. Another repackage of old stuff then?
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:37 am

Eric wrote:I was just reading the pdf thinking this sounds alot like the warrior diet sanga posted up the other day, then half way in it actually says its this has appeared as the warrior diet. Another repackage of old stuff then?

Yeah I think the animalbolics was written a few years before the warrior diet, I would need to check the dates of each one to be 100% sure.

But I have seen in some pretty old bbing mags about guys eating huge amounts of food only after they had worked out, especially during the precontest phases...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby sanga » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:40 am

Yea I too have seen this, well look at Arnold and the other bodybuildiers in the old days, they used to train in the morning for ages then go over the road to the restuarant and eat loads then go sunbath.

Another interesting thing is I know a lot of chinese peole that do martial arts and train for up to 4 hours a day, they have tea in the morning and nothing else then go practice then eat one huge meal in the evening around 7-8pm and nothing else, the evening meal to us would resemble a banquet though, interesting seeing as they are all in gymnast condition, i.e. cut and good muscle size.
appearance is a consequence of fitness
it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby sanga » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:09 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Animalbolics

Looking at your new diet how about swapping the protein drink for say a small egg salad as I just feel that with the protein being a liquid it`ll digest too quick and give a *sugar* type reading/message to the body, as with natural solid food you have a chance of rebalancing your body etc and getting everything back into sync...

I`m of the feeling that the way we have approached things as *bodybuilders* by chucking food & supplements down our throats like they were going out of fashion is & could leave a lot more people in this type of situation of insulin sensitivity & maybe even diabetic 10-20 years down the line with following other practises aswell. When I visited a dieticion(sp) when I first had probs years ago she was gob smacked at the amount of calories I could eat in a day. She likened it to eating 3 3 course meals aday with snacks :shock: and there are people out there that can/could out eat me :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bodybuilding and its bull in a china shop approach to things seriously has a lot to answer for the way it is/can screw peoples health up. Look in any mag and the *shite* they put forward is mind boggling and most of the time is only a snap shot of what really should have been written when putting forward the article in question..

Right rant over :lol:

Could say/rant more but I`ll leave that for another day :lol:

Ok I think I have it down now...

7am 3 whole eggs scrambled and coffee (Expresso, a must I`m afraid)

10am small salad with 2 whole eggs (if hungry, cheers cookie, yeah you`re right re the digest too quickly)

1pm 1 chicken breast or tin tuna in brine with medium salad

4.30pm 2 pieces of fruit

6pm train for 45 mins

7pm whey with carb source (malto or lucozade etc)

8pm chicken or meat or fish with jacket potato or wholegrain rice and green veg

On non training days leave the carbs out at 7pm and 8pm and replace with one meal of meat and low carb veg.

If hungry later in evening a protein shake, 1 scoop in water.

Aminos throughout the day??

I like to take a fair few if possible with every meal non egg based.
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:22 pm

sanga wrote:

Ok I think I have it down now...

7am 3 whole eggs scrambled and coffee (Expresso, a must I`m afraid)

10am small salad with 2 whole eggs (if hungry, cheers cookie, yeah you`re right re the digest too quickly)

1pm 1 chicken breast or tin tuna in brine with medium salad Add a little olive oil

4.30pm 2 pieces of fruit

6pm train for 45 mins

7pm whey with carb source (malto or lucozade etc)

8pm chicken or meat or fish with jacket potato or wholegrain rice and green veg add butter or olive oil

On non training days leave the carbs out at 7pm and 8pm and replace with one meal of meat and low carb veg.

If hungry later in evening a protein shake, 1 scoop in water.

Aminos throughout the day?? Another possibility would be to forefit all solids and just use aminos throughout the day in small amounts, but that can be tricky getting the levels right and wether you could manage/digest etc nearly a days worth of food in a single meal at end of day

I like to take a fair few if possible with every meal non egg based.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby sanga » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:07 pm

Oh yeah I forgot the olive oil, I do use it on salads and with a little vinegar too, as in a french dressing.

I use the UXBs as you know. I`ll stick to adding 6-10 aminos with each meal I think, I need solids too :shock:

Cheers for your input Cookie.

My insulin levels are better since I`ve changed the carb timings but they have been better since yesterday more so after sorting out this diet as a final one, for now at least.

Check out http://www.biohazardforums.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

I can see I`m going to get some serious stick from the hardcore bbrs on this one :lol: Like I care ;-)
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Eric » Wed May 02, 2007 5:27 pm

I thought i would add a little update to this thread :grin:

Iv followed bodyopus for 8 weeks last year and found it worked well.

I know im carb sensitive so tried an experiment to see how much it really affected me.

Saturday night stopped eating carbs

Protein and fat eaten only until after training then i had whey + honey followed an hour later with a meal of protein, cabs and fat

Iv noticed that i dont feel hungry at all through out the day while on this diet, when i have carbs for breaky im starving and crave carbs all day.

As soon as i have the carbs in the evening all i want to do is sleep, which is great late at night.

Iv found im a lot more alert in the day not eating carbs i usually struggle to wake up when iv eaten carbs for breaky but iv been feeling a lot more awake in the mornings.

here is a pdf i found on the web by Mauro G Di Pasquale which seem a watered down version of bodyopus if any one whats a look, just add www. to the begining :grin:

scribd.com/word/download/10034?extension=pdf
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby sanga » Wed May 02, 2007 5:32 pm

Animalbolics is going well for me, not hungry and seem to have a fair bit of energy, I like the eating after training too.

Yeah Eric I`ve seen that a little while ago :cool:
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Eric » Wed May 02, 2007 5:38 pm

Eating carbs late at night just feels much better to me, i can chill out and eat my meal knowing i dont have to work or train, just rest and veg out... until the miss's starts nagging anyway! :evil:

Glad it working for you sanga :grin:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby sanga » Wed May 02, 2007 5:39 pm

I don`t have the carbs if I haven`t trained though, just protein.
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Eric » Wed May 02, 2007 5:43 pm

Im having 30g a day on non training days at night and finding it ok, from next monday its only carbs on training days :twisted:
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby sanga » Wed May 02, 2007 6:21 pm

The thing I`m finding now is that I don`t think about eating and all of a sudden I think I`m hungry and realise its been 4 hours so I eat coz I`m hungry.
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition