It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:38 am
Change font size

Nutrition

super breakfast

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

super breakfast

Postby lil john » Wed May 02, 2007 1:58 pm

email i got form a mate, what u think. goin to try this when i next go shoppin and get the bits

Did you eat a great breakfast today that has left you feeling like a mill all day? Or did you eat the typical donuts, refined flour bagels, and coffee of the average person? Or worse yet, did you not eat any breakfast at all?

I just have a quickie meal idea that I thought I'd share that has worked wonders for me and some of my clients in the past.

If you've ever noticed, the most common breakfasts for a lot of fitness models, bodybuilders, and athletes many times revolve around some form of oatmeal and some form of eggs. I have no problem with either as both are great nutrient-rich foods.

But I have a quick way to make that oatmeal 10X richer in nutrition with more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber than just your regular bowl of oatmeal. Here's how I improve upon it, and make "Geary's Super Oatmeal"...

Instead of just using 100% oatmeal, I do a 50/50 split with oat bran and oat meal. Then I add the following:

*1 Tbsp wheat germ
*1 Tbsp rice bran
*2-4 Tbsp nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts are my favorites, and ALL are super healthy for you)
*1/2 to 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (any berries, they're all loaded with nutrition)
*cinnamon for extra flavor
*a little stevia (for added sweetness without the sugar or nasty artificial sweeteners)

There you go... simple, and a killer breakfast to start the day off right with high nutrient density, a good macronutrient balance, tons of antioxidants... you'll be on your way to a high energy and fat burning day!
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby dsisive407 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:03 pm

While on the subject of breakfast, what does your breakfast usually consist of?
dsisive407
Helot
Helot

Postby lil john » Thu May 03, 2007 3:20 pm

mine consits of either
porridge, weetabix or egg on toast
all with a protein shake.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby dsisive407 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:38 pm

Well, M-F I usually have the chef at my job make me scrambled eggs (4 eggwhites and 1 regular, 5 total) with turkey along with 2 honey wheat toasts, water and a multi-vitamin.
I used to get a 4 eggwhite omelette with turkey, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and cheese.
dsisive407
Helot
Helot

Breakfast

Postby Brawan » Fri May 04, 2007 6:14 am

At work Ill normally have 2 large bowls of cereal, 1 large bowl of fruit salad, a few rachers of bacon, 2 poached eggs, a few large scoops of baked beans and some fresh fruit if im still peckish.
Brawan
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to Nutrition