It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:46 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Best protein powders and why????

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Brawan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:47 pm

Sorry mate. You may have posted your goals earlier and I missed it. What exactly do you want to do?

I read u want to lose fat and earn muscle....how about showing us your program to give us more of an idea
Brawan
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Ape4 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:00 pm

Yep, then if you really don't have one, check out the theatron for some.
It's been a while since I used any supplements, ( lack of moolah) and everybodys right, food is better and, of course, more natural
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby sanga » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Don`t skimp on cheap proteins they upset your stomach and are full of crap.

I use and prefer and yes distribute a complete protein made by Biohazard, Ravager, 100g powder, thats 2 1/2 scoops will give you 84g protein when mixed with water, low fat and low carb and tastes great, Vanilla is my favourite, I have not found a better protein anywhere and I`ve used most, I bought Ravager from Biohazard and paid full price for 18 months before becoming a distributor. ;-)
appearance is a consequence of fitness
it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Obessian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:11 pm

The difference in price is a result of cheap filler junk that they put into protein powders. Try going for pure protein (eg. 100% whey), not weight-gain s*** (those are the ones with carbs and other stuff).

In my opinion you don't really need protein powder - people trained for decades and developed beautiful physiques before they actually knew that it was protein that built the muscle (in the early 1990s). And the human boy just doesn't need three servings of extra 40g of protein each per day. Excess protein is either stored as fat or pissed out (nitrogen converts to uric acid - sorry to all the chemistry buffs out there if I just made an ass of myself:)).

Get your extra protein from food - you also get a bunch of other nutrients along with it.
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:21 pm

I've heard of a supplement called ravage, is that the same thing?
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Obessian wrote:The difference in price is a result of cheap filler junk that they put into protein powders. Try going for pure protein (eg. 100% whey), not weight-gain s*** (those are the ones with carbs and other stuff).

In my opinion you don't really need protein powder - people trained for decades and developed beautiful physiques before they actually knew that it was protein that built the muscle (in the early 1990s). And the human boy just doesn't need three servings of extra 40g of protein each per day. Excess protein is either stored as fat or pissed out (nitrogen converts to uric acid - sorry to all the chemistry buffs out there if I just made an ass of myself:)).

Get your extra protein from food - you also get a bunch of other nutrients along with it.

to be fair though theres a bit more to it. there are plently of arguments for blended protein powders (not to be confused with nasty weight gainers) and 100% pure whey powders. it would come down to what was required for the individual.
they knew well before the 1990s that protein built muscle. Im sure cookie could give examples of the different ways the BBers of yesteryear got the extra protein in as well.
I dont really go for some of the amounts of protein that people are told to take personally, but there cant be any doubt that its needed to build muscle and someone trying to build muscle needs more than someone who isnt.
again though I agree in that food is better but sometimes a protein supp is needed. I use protein supps as it helps with the amount needed against the restricted cals Im currently on.

I wouldnt rely on them though.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Ape4 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:54 pm

I started getting protein powders, but now, i think clean food is better.
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Ape4 wrote:I started getting protein powders, but now, i think clean food is better.

in your case matey I think you are right.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Obessian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:08 pm

Man, I'm an ass... I meant "in the early 1900s".

Guys like Saxon, Sandow, etc.
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:08 pm

I didd'nt even notice it
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Obessian » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:14 pm

(Thanks man) :)
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:14 am

Ape4 wrote:I've heard of a supplement called ravage, is that the same thing?

If you fancy a good quality protein matey for after training only, then try ironminds *Just Protein* not tried it myself but I`ve yet to see any bad comments on it...

And easy for you to get being in the States...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition