It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 9:02 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Best protein powders and why????

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Best protein powders and why????

Postby Jimmy Bludd » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:15 pm

As the title says I'd like to know what, in people's opinions are the best protein powders and why???

I've read other posts regarding powders and ive read about bulkpowders and cheapuksupplements etc and i just want to know why someone would class those as better than say maximuscle???

Right now im new to the realm of suppliments and have only ever used body fortress from holland & barratt because it was on sale for a tenner!

I look at maximuscle and think the price is steep but you must get what you pay for and think if all the sports stars use it, it must be good stuff...then i find this website and dont really hear much about maximuscle at all.

So to a total powder ""noob" could ya'll tell me which ones you think are best and why???

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

J
"THIS IS SPARTAAAA!"
Jimmy Bludd
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:23 pm

I liked the cell-tech hardcore, it tasted just like fruit punch, and I felt some great results =D>
By the way,
xxwelcome
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Jimmy Bludd » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:57 pm

Cheers. Oh any website address where these products can be bought would be a big help. Thanks in advance.

J
"THIS IS SPARTAAAA!"
Jimmy Bludd
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:04 am

Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Ape4 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:04 am

Look under creatine supplements
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:38 am

Well I`ve used tons of proteins over the years and you can`t beat good old natures own...

FOOD ;-)

What are you looking for with regards your protein powder and why are you needing one?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:55 am

ive cut down my powders now and try to get it from lean protein food sources.

im using body fortress cos it was cheap haha, have got a tub of natures bst on the way. found the met-rx stuff to be a to havy taste, and by end of tub was gaging on it.

think ill try that cell tech one day tho. have heard good results.
also pro-peptide by cnp, but it cpsts way to much
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:13 am

Iv used almost everything on the market over the years from good old casinlan 90 to cell tech. I used to take in mostly protein drinks in my diet up to 400-500g a day and i can honestly say the all do the same. i wouldn't waist my money these days, whole food all the way and dymatize whey after training its cheap 5kg for £26. Holand and Barrett have a sale on at the moment £9.99 for their whey not sure on the size. Also a lot of these drinks have so much added (well they say!) that you wouldn't take it in it would go straight down the toilet. Might as well wipe your ass with a fiver :shock:
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Brawan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:31 am

I personally use Syntha-6. Tastes awesome but makes you fart like a champion. And rank one's too!
Brawan
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Jimmy Bludd » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 am

hey there.

Yeah i do get alot of protein from my food- eggs, chicken, fish, peanut butter etc and i use a protein shake before and after a workout to give my muscles some extra protein.

Right now im looking to lose some fat and put on some muscle. Not looking to get huge like they guys on the cover of FLEX magazine, ya know?

Like i said before, im a total newbie when it comes to supplements and all i really know is that your muscles need protein to repair and grow.

I don't know what all the different ingredients in these powders do and i dont know why one powder would be better than the other.

Im also confused as to why some cost £40 and others cost £20+??? Are the £40 over priced or are the £20+ not as good??

So thats why i want to know what the guys on here use and why they use it over a different brand?

Cheers guys

J
"THIS IS SPARTAAAA!"
Jimmy Bludd
Helot
Helot

Re: Best protein powders and why????

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:08 am

Jimmy Bludd wrote:I look at maximuscle and think the price is steep but you must get what you pay for and think if all the sports stars use it, it must be good stuff.

thats what they want you to think though ;-)

I was talking to the guys about compiling an article covering this very topic!

I personally think the likes of maximuscle is way overpriced and not really great tasting. Although taste can be subjective. the best tasting protein Ive had is pro-peptinde but again its really quite expensive.

Nowadays I tend to go for the 5lb value tubs but I use them as littlae as poss coz food is better.

Ive been using 'pharma-whey' from PHD Supplements and must say its the best Ive had in the 5lb value range.
powerbeck whey is also great. not as nice tasting (but not bad) but great value at ony £20.00 for a 5lb tub.
the rest are much of the same. the met-rx supreme, relfex instant whey,dynamtiz etc they are all fine. I thoiught 'designer whey' tasted shite but apart from that. Also you shouldnt be paying over £31 for those 5lb tubs, less in most cases.
depends on your cash flow. dont skint yourself to buy the 'maximuscles' of the world coz believe me m8 you can do it without spending a fortune on the 'premium priced' supps.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby lil john » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:17 am

whey consortium aswell, thats cheap
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor