It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:03 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Lowering Body Fat

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Obessian » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:56 pm

LightningMunk1 wrote:yea i just need something to cut down on the extra fat around my lower abs and the love handles area, as you can see in the pic above. so idk if anyone has any cardio/diet regimes to help with that cause ill be glad to try, looking more for the ripped/cut look then just muscle mass.

You call that abdominal fat... youngsters :(
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:03 pm

a way to keep things interesting with the lat development is to climb/scale objects. Like trees, walls, buildings, you know, whatever sounds good at the moment
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:11 pm

first thing shave that bit of ofluu round belly button

second work on heavy weighted ab work

I know this goes against lots here but for what you are asking thats what you need to do thenonce you have canned upper abs withweights start same thing with weighted revers sit ups

try it and see
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Ape4 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:14 pm

I think ab raises with a medicine ball hit the abs.?
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby deadgame1 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:40 am

hanging leg raises.get ups,hanging Lseats,side planks,side pushups (i think)wood choppers,weightedtwist(like a sit up only with weight and side to side)reverse hypers,hypers+twist at the top,regular planks,etc.,etc.,etc. :shock:
deadgame1
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:41 am

If you want some L-saet progressions, I can tell you a couple ;-)
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby deadgame1 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:47 am

hook it up ape [-o<
deadgame1
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:59 am

Kai, I'll go with the starting progressions (simply because I don't know your ab strength)

1st: Knees tucked in on counter:
Sit on the edge of a table or counter with your knees tucked into your chest.

2nd: D-seat on counter:
While sitting on the counter/table, extend one leg out straight and tuck the ankle of your other leg to its knee, forming a "d".

2.5: Bicycle of Doom:
Transition between the first and second positions, switching legs. It burns.

3rd: Full L-seat on counter:
This is when you have your legs completely straight.

4th: V-seat:
You raise you legs a bit higher, untill your body forms a "V" shape (congrats, you have very strong abs)

5th: Manna:
This is where you take the V-seat higher untill your knees are by your chest and your legs are straight. A tip is to lean back a bit to make it easier.

6th- 10th: the same, but on the ground.

After that, you'll have some mighty powerful abs.
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby deadgame1 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:24 am

damn thats pretty effin savage bro!ive been lookin to try those out and the planks to with your feet of the ground and just on your hands!ouchi tried the plank holds like in the videos on here(great idea by the way i think it was uhh cookie in that video you savage you!!)i also tried them on my side also needless to say i was in some pain the next day but it was funnone the less!!no time just till i couldnt hold it i did it like 3 times a piece each side!!thanks aPE!!!
deadgame1
Helot
Helot

Postby Ape4 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Anytime, (and cookie is a complete beast)
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby VASSAL » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:43 pm

The best way to ENSURE your buring fat is to get ketone strips and test your urine. If you don't have ketones in your urine you're not buring fat. I struggeled with this and couldn't figure out why I wasn't burning ketoes on what i thought was a low carb diet. The problem was the ketchup on my eggs. I would have never discovered that if I didn't test. You can find them at any pharmacy or Wal-Mart. They're $6 for about 40 strips.
VASSAL
Helot
Helot

Postby Al » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:35 am

Vassal: I'd be interested in the details of your low-carb diet. I made a half-assed attempt last year but wasn't successful. Ketone strips never changed colour. This year I have to "make weight" so I could do with losing 6 lbs or so of flab in the next 3 months. Thanks
Al
Banished

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition