It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 am
Change font size

Nutrition

PSMF

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Al » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:59 am

6 or 9lbs, can't remember. It feels heavy when the head is bearing down on my face during a set of skull crushers.

All that high protein/calorie food has caught up with me this weekend and I'm looking awfully smooth.
Al
Banished

Postby Ape4 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 pm

:shock: you do skull-crushers with those!?
Thats just crazy!
Ape4
Enomotarch.
Enomotarch.

Postby Al » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:55 pm

I've taken a few too many hits to the head :grin:
Al
Banished

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Ive been following your experiment, al. what happened to make it a disaster?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Al » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Got fat. I suppose it was to be expected as I ate much more than usual. In the end I just didn't like the diet. The next stage would have been to restrict my calories while keeping the majority of them coming from protein. I couldn't face day after day of that, so I went back to I know what works (for me). Since then my abs have hardened up and I feel better.
Al
Banished

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:17 pm

Al wrote:Got fat. I suppose it was to be expected as I ate much more than usual. In the end I just didn't like the diet. The next stage would have been to restrict my calories while keeping the majority of them coming from protein. I couldn't face day after day of that, so I went back to I know what works (for me). Since then my abs have hardened up and I feel better.

LMAO! never the kind of result you want from a diet!

it was interesting none the less.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Al » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:46 am

The gym I occasionally go to was offering a free bodyfat test last night, so I made an appointment to go along. I've gained a bit of fat after introducing "vitamin beer" into my diet so I wanted to assess the damage. After using calipers to pinch my bicep, tricep, scapula and abs she added up the measurements and cross referenced them on a chart against my (considerable) age. The results were good (in her opinion. I'm a FB in my eyes). She suggested I should maybe concentrate on not losing any more fat but instead building up my strength {she makes fists and flexes arms to drive the point home :roll: }. "Hmmm...yes I'll do that" was my response. I have another test scheduled for the beginning of December so have a bit of time to cut out the beer and clean up the diet.
Al
Banished

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:50 am

LOL! Im impressed you got through that with a straight face :grin:

Ive never really understood those BF measurements when your age is used in the calculation. does the same condition on a 25 y/o somehow become less/more fat on a 35 y/o.

btw what was the outcome?

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Al » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:08 pm

12%. The acceptable range for a male my age is up to 21% according to her chart. Agree, I don't know why age becomes a factor. She didn't weigh me, so she could have been pinching 10mm on a 30st muscle monster or an 8 stone Ethiopian. Surely that would have made a difference? Im still a FB.
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Al wrote:The gym I occasionally go to was offering a free bodyfat test last night, so I made an appointment to go along. I've gained a bit of fat after introducing "vitamin beer" into my diet so I wanted to assess the damage. After using calipers to pinch my bicep, tricep, scapula and abs she added up the measurements and cross referenced them on a chart against my (considerable) age. The results were good (in her opinion. I'm a FB in my eyes). She suggested I should maybe concentrate on not losing any more fat but instead building up my strength {she makes fists and flexes arms to drive the point home :roll: }. "Hmmm...yes I'll do that" was my response. I have another test scheduled for the beginning of December so have a bit of time to cut out the beer and clean up the diet.

That is the funniest thing I`ve read in ages, you sure it wasn`t a set uop for beadles about? :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:46 pm

Well, I'm not very impressive looking so I don't blame her for thinking I was a runner or something along those lines.
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:48 pm

Al wrote:Well, I'm not very impressive looking so I don't blame her for thinking I was a runner or something along those lines.

Al your too modist, jeez going by those pics on the site of you I`d hate to think what your *ideal* looks like....

Mr Olympia standard :shock: :?: :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition