It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:52 am
Change font size

Nutrition

6 times or once?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

6 times or once?

Postby LightningMunk1 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:31 pm

ive just got done reading an article in the PDF section of the forum called "animalbolics" and it says that its better to eat once a day and that the six times a day routine does not help burn fat. now i currently eat 3 meals a day (right in between lol) but once college starts im going to aim for the 6 a day one. now i dont want to starve the entire day, us 18 year old males have to eat lol :lol: so what do you spartans think? one meal a day to get ripped or six small meals a day?
The world will know that freemen stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and that before this battle is done, that even a god king can bleed.
LightningMunk1
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Its a very individual thing, I find....

The animalbolics is mainly a get ripped diet for either the beach or contest...imho...

Being 18 I think you would be better looking at 4-6 meals aday as you still have a couple more years of growing to do...

Also the animalbolics is sort of a large meal after training/evening with a few small snacks throughout the day, so not just a single meal..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby sanga » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:00 am

And works well, I feel you have to keep making slight changes to suit your needs.
appearance is a consequence of fitness
it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Return to Nutrition