It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:13 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Kellogs = evil?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Kellogs = evil?

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:47 pm

for ages Ive hated the advertising that kellogs do and pretty much wouldnt touch anything they make with a pole but the latest 'rice krispies' advert (in the UK) really boils my piss.
This dude telling his 2 kids about how a rice krispie is made (to paraphrase)
" Mr Kellogs takes a grain of rice and fluffs it up"
oh really? fluffs it up huh! the rice I have in my kitchen contains a 'trace' of sugar so how come a rice krispie is 10% sugar? how come sugar is the second listed ingrediant (ie second highest content) how come rice krispies would have a 'red' light (due to such a high salt content) under the new food standards agencys' proposed traffic light system where by the unhealthiest foods have red lights and the healthy foods have green lights?

Kellogs have been pulled up loads of times for misleading adverts. why dont they just have the balls to print what they really seem to want to say on the back of their products:
nutrition information
You dont have a right to know what you eat. just shut the fuck up and buy our shit. stop asking questions. if we wanna cover frosties in cocaine we fuckin will..... ok.
at least then I would have a bit of respect for them ;-)

shit, they billed their nutrigrain 'elevensies' as healthy but didnt mention that they were only 'healthy' when compared to other snack foods such as chocolate bars and bacon sandwiches (although Id have a bacon sandwich any day, as long as kellogs didnt make it).

theres pure loads of these 'misleading' claims that they have been pulled up for.

kellogs frosties: "they're gggrrrrr- ummm slightly better than a kick in the bollocks." :roll:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:13 pm

Once read many many moons ago that Kellogs are the main funders for research into diabetes and this is why cereals & grains get such a high billing :roll:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:07 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Kellogs are the main funders for research into diabetes

they should fund research into not being dicks :cool:

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Al » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:10 pm

This seems relevant:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/half-baked/

"Big Agra" as the agricultural industry is referred to on this blog gets a regular beating.
Al
Banished

Postby Al » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:16 pm

While we're on the subject of some of these so called "healthy" foods, I can't believe how ignorant some (maybe most) people are about simple nutrition. You'll see them pushing the trolley down the aisle filled with "Low fat" this and that. I swear some day I'm going to print off a load of "0% FAT" labels and slap them all over the bags of sugar. I'll bet they just fly off the shelves.
Al
Banished

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Al wrote:This seems relevant:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/half-baked/

cool, I'm sure you posted that site before but I couldnt find it, bookmarked it now :grin:
mindblowing some of the 'studies' they do though aint it. that grain one being a perfect example. :roll:

Al wrote:While we're on the subject of some of these so called "healthy" foods, I can't believe how ignorant some (maybe most) people are about simple nutrition. You'll see them pushing the trolley down the aisle filled with "Low fat" this and that. I swear some day I'm going to print off a load of "0% FAT" labels and slap them all over the bags of sugar. I'll bet they just fly off the shelves.

totally agree. also people can be really naive when it comes to nutrition but cnuts like kellogs dont help matters with their lies and spin. They try their best to hide information and when that fails they just talk shite.
I remember one cereal advert (cant remember which... prolly kellogs!) where they were banging on about how you would be a shit parent if you sent your kid to school without this cereal coz it was scientifically proven to help kids concentrate....... the scientific study was the cereal against a fuckin sports drink! Damn, I always send my kids to school on a bottle of powerade :roll:

Theres not nearly enough info about nutrition for the average person. I only started getting anal about it when I got into BBing.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby sanga » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Kellogs was the man for the colon/intestine health many moons ago and invented the cornflake to aid in this but it all got lost when milk and sugar was added :grin:
appearance is a consequence of fitness
it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Re: Kellogs = evil?

Postby Takmaster » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:12 pm

You dont have a right to know what you eat. just shut the fuck up and buy our shit. stop asking questions. if we wanna cover frosties in cocaine we fuckin will..... ok.

Can you get me a box of these frosties, a grrrrreat way to start the day................off your tits!

they should fund research into not being dicks :cool:

ROFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby sanga » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:08 am

hahahahahahahahaha, no wonder there are some real little shits of kids running around being naughty as hell, but they have a behaviour disorder!!! Yeah Right :roll:
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cheesedog » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:20 am

It's a perfect marketing solution. You feed kids a diet that can cause a "behavior disorder", then you give them drugs to "cure" that disorder. :evil:
Spartan is the attitude, not your birthplace.
Cheesedog
Helot
Helot

Postby sanga » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:55 am

Now I wonder if those same people have related companies :shock:
sanga
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:57 am

sanga wrote:Now I wonder if those same people have related companies :shock:

Probably as its called *globalised capitialism* :roll:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition