It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:07 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

GH or Insulin spike?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

GH or Insulin spike?

Postby fits » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:14 am

i have been reading articles lately that say its best to have no carbs before a work out as they suppress GH production. Some even say dont have carbs after either (although i think this is more for dieting)

now i know carbs interfear with GH production but whats more important? having the energy to train hard, and then simple carbs to spike insulin and shuttle protwin to the muscle after a hard work out? which is the most used technique of dont have carbs and allow GH to flow?

has any one tried the no carbs before or imidiately after a workout? notice any difference?
Last edited by fits on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:58 am

Ive tried carb only, protein only, protein / carb only shakes after training and not really noticed much difference, nothing startling.
for the last month or so I havent bothered with a post workout shake, I just eat a solid meal 45-60 mins afterwards.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:09 pm

I`m leaning more towards keeping insulin levels down and GH levels up, not just for training but also for overall health.....

If your struggling with workout energy just give it time and it`ll come (old habits die hard) and have a nice cuppa before you start tas part of your preworkout program...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:47 pm

think ill stick to a big shake, its tried and tested isnt it. the regx shake was good, i used to look forward to it :grin: 800 calories and still used to loose fat. im looking forward to getting a decent protein shake when back, i like dymatize. ANy one tried their muscle milk?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:59 am

I`ve heard the muscle milk is a load of bollocks..will try and find the post from another board...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition