It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Metabolism

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby firebear369 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:40 pm

Hey, I'm all about the getting older and better. I turn 37 next month (December 24th if anyone wants to do some early b-day shopping :lol: ). I'm just now becoming SMART enough to figure out how to strengthen my mind and my body.

Like I've said before (at least I think I have) there are no perfect regimes or plans for every person. Each individual has the responsibility to find the way that is right for them, be it working out or eating right or anything else in life for that matter.

Holy crap, I said the "R" word. :shock:

I'll crawl back into my little hole now.
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:42 pm

firebear369 wrote: Hey, I'm all about the getting older and better. I turn 37 next month (December 24th if anyone wants to do some early b-day shopping :lol: )

I turned 37 this thursday so I know where your coming from...

No matter my age I`ll still give it my best shot :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Musky » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:16 am

Was discussing Fast and Slow metabolisms earlier with my mother and I mentioned how animals with slower heartrates generaly live longer.
She then talked about thats why she doesn't exercise so she doesn't use up her heartbeats.
Even after I explained that someone who trains will have a lower resting heartrate she came back with "yeah but im resting all the time and there not, so it will even out."

It realy isn't worth trying with some people.
Musky
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:56 am

Musky wrote:It realy isn't worth trying with some people.

Too true...

That actually was something that they followed in China hundreds of years ago, they thought the heart only had so many beats in it...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby HairyGaul » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:52 am

Well I'd rather have a fast one that's more forgiving of extra food. I like to eat and I'd be lyin' if I said a cookie didn't get in there sometimes :oops Although for me it seems the better I eat the better my metabolism runs so I think you can "rev it up" a bit.
HairyGaul
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Previous

Return to Nutrition