Polemarch.

Postby fits » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:03 pm

What?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Takmaster » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:13 pm

To play Devils advocate here "what is the objective?"

For General well being and conditioning id plum for a fast metabolism backed by a regular correct diet. without the diet it isn't worth shit!
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:51 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Tortoise

Mouse

;-)

oh for fuck sake, cookies been on the scrumpy jack again :partyman:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:57 pm

Scott wrote:
ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Tortoise

Mouse

;-)

oh for fuck sake, cookies been on the scrumpy jack again :partyman:

LMAO

i think he is trying to sounds all mysterious and wise ut i think you hit the nail on the head.........let him have his moment, he dont get out much :twisted:
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:55 pm

Scott wrote: oh for fuck sake, cookies been on the scrumpy jack again :partyman:

Nah not me I`m a clean ;iving individual these days :lol:

I was actually quoting something I read a few days ago about the metabolism and longevity...

The faster the metabolism (mouse) the shorter (or possible) life span due to the whole bodies mechanisms running at full throttle and with that more oxidants etc being built up within the body....

Which I thought was quite interesting seeing as we are constantly bombarded with info about *speeding* up our metabolisms....

Better to have an *optimum* metabolism me thinks ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Takmaster » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:47 pm

I can see your point but for this exercise it based around peak performace.

Thats one of the reasons for having to slow down with old age.

Hell, im 30 and im already slowing down and getting into golf :lol:
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:10 pm

Takmaster wrote:I can see your point but for this exercise it based around peak performace.

Thats one of the reasons for having to slow down with old age.

Hell, im 30 and im already slowing down and getting into golf :lol:

I was looking more at the longevity side of it......

Hell spent may a year trying to super boost my metabolism, doc even said it was super fast yet I was still a fat twat at the time... :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:11 pm

The only thing I've found that has slowed down with age has been healing when I've picked up an injury. Fortunately experience has taught me how to avoid most injuries and what to do when something does tweak. As far as strength & muscle go i believe that you can improve well into your 50's and 60's. Hell, I just did another PB today on dips (sorry OSC, no video) and I'm pushing 46. Last night my pal commented that we "had to go easy at our age, no maximum lifts". PISH!!!! Viking Powa! :twisted:
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:23 pm

Al wrote:The only thing I've found that has slowed down with age has been healing when I've picked up an injury. Fortunately experience has taught me how to avoid most injuries and what to do when something does tweak. As far as strength & muscle go i believe that you can improve well into your 50's and 60's. Hell, I just did another PB today on dips (sorry OSC, no video) and I'm pushing 46. Last night my pal commented that we "had to go easy at our age, no maximum lifts". PISH!!!! Viking Powa! :twisted:

Seen that said a few times...

Static strength can increase into the 60`s but speed decreases quite a lot as we age..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Obessian » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Reading old victorian-era stuff and even some more contemporary research, guys tend to reach the peak of their strength in their 30s. Brooks Kubik started competing in the bench press when he was 33 and set several US records in his class. He also didnt do clean&jerks or push presses before turning 30-something and eventually worked up to over 300 lbs. I think Saxon, Sandow and those folks also peaked in their 30s. So Im looking forward to this period in life (still got some years to go ). :)
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Al » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:08 pm

See what David Ricks has to say about getting older & stronger:

http://www.powerunlimitedthemovie.com/video.html

I'll say it again: I'm stronger now than I was in my teens, 20's, 30's, (early) 40's. Perhaps being life time drug free means it's taken me longer to reach my potential or that I'm not training properly and progress has been slow but either way it's an enjoyable ride!!

As for peaking at 30, what will you do then? Start winding down for retirement and easing off on the training? Maintenance routine? Nah, you've got another 20 years in you at least ;-)
Al
Banished

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition