It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Who is the new Yoda???

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Who is the new Yoda???

Postby fits » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Ok, so i have been reading a fair bit lately about old timers who seemed to have nutrition and training down to a tee YEARS ago. Gironda, Aurther Jones, Rheo Blair etc. These people seemed to know so much so long ago and at the time they were shunned.

it seems more and more as you read that todays staples for body builders/ weight trainers are mostly invented by companies trying to squeeze a few ££ out of people. I know Rheo Blair used to talk about his protein powder being the only one to use but the likes of Aurthur Jones advocates a "normal diet" with the addition of cheap shakes made of milk and raw eggs.

So who is the modern day master who knows their stuff and don't try pushing particular brands??

(please,no one say cookie)
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Re: Who is the new Yoda???

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:34 pm

fits wrote:Ok, so i have been reading a fair bit lately about old timers who seemed to have nutrition and training down to a tee YEARS ago. Gironda, Aurther Jones, Rheo Blair etc. These people seemed to know so much so long ago and at the time they were shunned.

it seems more and more as you read that todays staples for body builders/ weight trainers are mostly invented by companies trying to squeeze a few ££ out of people. I know Rheo Blair used to talk about his protein powder being the only one to use but the likes of Aurthur Jones advocates a "normal diet" with the addition of cheap shakes made of milk and raw eggs.

So who is the modern day master who knows their stuff and don't try pushing particular brands??

(please,no one say cookie)

Need I say more?

Your only saying that because on another forum somebody started a thread asking if I was the new DoggCrapp :finga:

Some very good points raised there Fits....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:12 am

This fella seems to know a fair be and is talked abotu rather highly...on other forums..... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=643686

Dont you know of any one cookie? some one thats currently shunned by the masses and the supps companies today as 'Insane' becasue they dont tell people to eat a tub of whey per week?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

fits wrote:This fella seems to know a fair be and is talked abotu rather highly...on other forums..... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=643686

what, Chad Waterbury?? Im a bit of a subscriber to a lot of his stuff. Really liked his TBT program. dunno if I would put him in the context you are meaning though:
fits wrote:So who is the modern day master who knows their stuff and don't try pushing particular brands??

he gets my vote on the first part but not the second.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Al » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:35 pm

Al
Banished

Postby Scott » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:55 pm

yeah, that dudes cool. makes me wanna grow a big ass beard although where it looks 'wild' and cool on him I'd prolly just look like a history teacher.

I like his video taking the post workout meal. dunno why you would do that though, protein + fat post workout? not saying its wrong at all but I'd like to hear his theory behind it.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:04 pm

fits wrote: Dont you know of any one cookie? some one thats currently shunned by the masses and the supps companies today as 'Insane' becasue they dont tell people to eat a tub of whey per week?

Nope don`t know of anyone nowadays that would even go against the grain.. It`s basically all been done before..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cheesedog » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:44 pm

The big trend today is re-packaging old information, not coming up with anything new.
Spartan is the attitude, not your birthplace.
Cheesedog
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Cheesedog wrote:The big trend today is re-packaging old information, not coming up with anything new.

Couldn`t have said it better myself :grin:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am

Actually on reflection mountain man is really just a poor mans Al, lets be honest.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Return to Nutrition