Change font size

Nutrition

pre workout

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

pre workout

Postby Scott » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:59 pm

thoughts on pre workout?
if you were looking to increase muscle or drop some fat. would you bother with a specific pre W/O meal/supp?

something Ive never really bothered about tbh but latley Ive been taking a scoop of whey 30 mins before training.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Re: pre workout

Postby Cookie » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:27 pm

Scott wrote:thoughts on pre workout?
if you were looking to increase muscle or drop some fat. would you bother with a specific pre W/O meal/supp?

something Ive never really bothered about tbh but latley Ive been taking a scoop of whey 30 mins before training.

Some say to have some food in your system to supply energy and aminos during the workout but also for after the workout when it is mostly fully digested and the nutrients floating about ready to be used..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:06 pm

Although i never really do this, i think a meal with some complex carbs and protein would be good about 1.5 or 2 hours before (small) then maybe 15 mins before part of your workout shake, a little during and half after (regx style) is a good way to go
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby James W » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:48 pm

I tend to start drinking my PWO shake about halfway through my workout, originally I did this because I read it was better than waiting until completely after.

But what I did find is that towards the end of my workout I have a bit more energy. Although i defy anyone to have lots of energy after Deads or Squats! :oops:

Whilst we're on the subject of Pre-Workout does anyone know a good caffeine 'supplement' as I bloody hate coffee! :???:
James W
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:07 pm

James W wrote: Whilst we're on the subject of Pre-Workout does anyone know a good caffeine 'supplement' as I bloody hate coffee! :???:

Pro-plus, guarana(sp), energy drinks to name a few basic ones...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:23 pm

Watch out for the caffeine powder! I drink a lot of strong coffee, so when my friend gave me an unmarked tub of caffeine powder I thought I'd be used to it. WRONG! Just a small amount on the end of a teaspoon was enough to set my heart racing so much that I had to end the workout. Never again. I'll stick with my pre-workout java.
Al
Banished

Return to Nutrition