It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:20 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

This might be a stupid question

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Red meat with green attitude

Postby samurai69 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Al wrote:Update on the buffalo meat. There was a mix up with the online ordering, so I placed the order by phone and it arrived today. Had a couple of buffalo burgers tonight and they were good: real meat, no gritty crap in them. Still a steak pie and breakfast sausages to work my way through. They deliver to your door if local or by courier if not. Menu that arrived with the order appeared to be more than displayed on website. How does half a lamb sound for £55?

does it come vac packed ??
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Al » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Yes, from their menu:

"..freshly vacuum packed...."
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:43 am

Al wrote:Yes, from their menu:

"..freshly vacuum packed...."

well i will look into some of that for me in uk an amybe a mayte there too
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Al could you do me a favour and write out a *typical* weeks worth of meals & plan for the members to see roughly how the EF should be structured?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:53 pm

It's a pretty wide and varied diet. Rather than follow a strict menu, it may be easier to give a few guidelines (as I understand them) and point in the direction of a few recipes so readers can choose to eat what they like.

Eat what we evolved to eat. If it comes in a brightly coloured box or with a toy it's probably not EF!

Lean meat, fish & fowl. Vegetables. Brightly coloured and varied. Nuts & berries, not too heavy on the fruit. Stay away from wheat, dairy, sugar. Eat until you're satisfied but not stuffed. Go hungry a couple of times a week. You'll find your senses sharpen as your body prepares you to "hunt" for its next meal. Ditch the protein bars and meal replacements, they're foreign to your body.

http://www.arthurdevany.com/?cat=11. A couple of Arts meals or search for "paleo diet" or something along those lines. ***

I can talk the talk but don't always walk the walk when it comes to diet. I'm as guilty of the next guy of eating crap, but overall I've a good idea of what I should be doing IF this is the right way to nourish the body. I reserve the right to back pedal at any time and deny I ever said anything.

I must say that I do notice the difference between eating clean and eating crap, and I feel much more satisfied and livelier on a clean diet. Last year I stuck with it for a good couple of months (no cheating) and got fairly lean. But I like my pizza too :sad: Maybe I need to come up with a paleo pizza recipe?

***Having had a quick look again at his page he includes a bit of cheese and beer in his menu, so even he strays from the ideal.
Al
Banished

Re: Red meat with green attitude

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:45 am

Al wrote:Update on the buffalo meat. There was a mix up with the online ordering, so I placed the order by phone and it arrived today. Had a couple of buffalo burgers tonight and they were good: real meat, no gritty crap in them. Still a steak pie and breakfast sausages to work my way through. They deliver to your door if local or by courier if not. Menu that arrived with the order appeared to be more than displayed on website. How does half a lamb sound for £55?

Just ordered an angus box with some buffalo sausages & mince, so we`ll see how it all tastes compared to my usual stuff.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:35 am

The Aberdeen Angud pie was melt in your mouth soft. I had the sausages over a few days fro brekkie. Skinny but tasty.
Al
Banished

Postby Digitaltao » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:01 pm

Al ;D a week long EF would be awesome. I get the general idea of EF, but I am sorta getting mixed signals from ArthurDeVany(Budwiser with meals, Fruit salads . :???: ) I think EF might be the road I go down when I am done with this 14 day master cleanse (day 7 now)
"Molon labe!"
Digitaltao
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Digitaltao wrote:Al ;D a week long EF would be awesome. I get the general idea of EF, but I am sorta getting mixed signals from ArthurDeVany(Budwiser with meals, Fruit salads . :???: ) I think EF might be the road I go down when I am done with this 14 day master cleanse (day 7 now)

Could you post up details (in another thread if possible) on exactly what your doing with this?

We`ve had another member just finish a 5 day detox, so could be interesting to compare the two.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 am

Meat order arrived today and they aint charged me :shock:

Will be an honest chap & phone them up to sort it out..

Meat looks good, bit too much polystyrene(sp) in the packaging for my liking (yeah I`m a greenie) but other than that I`m pleased what we got for our money..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 am

Is there an invoice hidden in there somewhere? The father in law does the deliveries & took my order over the phone while the son in law looks after the farm. Small business so I guess they don't always run smooth.
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:06 am

Al wrote:Is there an invoice hidden in there somewhere? The father in law does the deliveries & took my order over the phone while the son in law looks after the farm. Small business so I guess they don't always run smooth.

Yeah invoice is in there which shows a total slightly less than the online one I got and wrote cheque out for :lol:

Might have to get Scott to set them up an online payment service to make things run more smoothly ;-)

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition