It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:18 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

This might be a stupid question

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby BloodyMess » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:43 am

wow, lmao
A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he's clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything.
BloodyMess
Helot
Helot

Postby firebear369 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:50 am

Wow, I can just imagine the commercials for "Wank Watchers". Free raincoat with every membership.
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby firebear369 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:52 am

Al wrote:In all seriousness, why not just go hungry? I know it's not a feeling we're used to in the West but it's natural. If you follow evolutionary fitness and intermittent fasting (EF and IF) then it's a tool you use to regulate your weight and health. NOT going hungry from time to time is not natural, but it has become commonplace.

http://www.arthurdevany.com

Good point, we are so used to stuffing our faces. Food is everywhere and commercials tell us we "have" to eat this and that. As humans, we have forgotten how to fuel our bodies.
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby jrladrun » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:29 pm

This is off the subject of wanking but Al can you explain the evolutionary fitness thing more.
jrladrun
Helot
Helot

Postby Al » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:55 am

This is my understanding of Evolutionary Fitness and Intermittent Fasting in a nutshell:

Our bodies have not evolved since our hunter gatherer days. Too short a time in evolutionary terms. The way we live our lives has. Too little exercise, too much food. The two conflict and we run into probs. Evolutionary Fitness suggests that if we exercised and ate closer to the way our ancestors did, we'd be healthier/live longer etc.

Exercise is done in short, intense bursts. Varied & "playful". Sprints, weights, shooting hoops in basketball, things like that. Chaotic as well. Keep the body guessing what's coming next.

Intermittent Fasting. Long term dieting sends your body into starvation mode. Not good. Intermittent fasting says go hungry a couple of days a week instead.

Well, that's the theory!
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 am

Al wrote:This is my understanding of Evolutionary Fitness and Intermittent Fasting in a nutshell:

Our bodies have not evolved since our hunter gatherer days. Too short a time in evolutionary terms. The way we live our lives has. Too little exercise, too much food. The two conflict and we run into probs. Evolutionary Fitness suggests that if we exercised and ate closer to the way our ancestors did, we'd be healthier/live longer etc.

Exercise is done in short, intense bursts. Varied & "playful". Sprints, weights, shooting hoops in basketball, things like that. Chaotic as well. Keep the body guessing what's coming next.

Intermittent Fasting. Long term dieting sends your body into starvation mode. Not good. Intermittent fasting says go hungry a couple of days a week instead.

Well, that's the theory!

thats close to how i see things
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:27 am

samurai69 wrote: [

Yeah but you go nuts over wanting donner kebabs so thats not evolutionary :roll: :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:24 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
samurai69 wrote: [

Yeah but you go nuts over wanting donner kebabs so thats not evolutionary :roll: :lol:

early greece mate, thats where they come from I AM A SPARTAN ;-)

and i only eat them when i am in uk (last time only one)
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Al » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Hmmmm. How about a homemade kebab made with buffalo meat? I'm waiting on a delivery to try the stuff out: steak pie, burgers and a few sausages. A local farm raises & sells water buffalo. Featured on "The F Word" last year. NOT expensive either.
Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Does he have a website Al?

Might see if he delivers
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Al
Banished

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Cheers,

Registered and thinking of getting one of those combo packs to try..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition