It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Butter VS Margarine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Musky » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 pm

Haha im glad were all in agreement here.
I noticed earlier how they don't actualy say that theres any hydrogenated oils in the margarine on some of the packets.
I don't know how they get away with it. "Vegetable Oil" is no way the same as "hydrogenated vegetable oil". In my understanding they are molecularly different, one is an oil and the other is a fat.
Musky
Helot
Helot

Postby firebear369 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:41 am

Yeah, funny how I was taught to avoid hazardous materials all through my career- (I'm a hazardous materials technician, by the way. One of my numerous hats) and yet the food that is supposed to sustain us is what?????

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby BrandontheCanadian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Butter all the way in my humble opinion, for the obvious health and nutrition comparison with margarine, however as a young'un i always like margarine because it was easier to spread on my toast :lol: that was then though and this is now
BrandontheCanadian
Helot
Helot

Postby Al » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:07 pm

As as a former Canadian, I can vouch for the health benefits of French Toast topped with ice cold butter and hot maple syrup ;-)
Al
Banished

Postby Misthios » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 am

I would have to go for butter as well.
But for me it has to be organic and nonsalted, for cooking in general i would prefer olive oil, ghee or coconut oil.
as said by others margarine is a purely artifical product only one molecule away from plastic and that means cant be god for you in my book :smile:
Misthios

Re: Butter VS Margarine

Postby kong » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:59 pm

Totally agree with you guys. Margarine is not real food and it might not even be good for fat.
It just stays in your veins and your body trys to take it out of your system.
kong
Helot
Helot

Re:

Postby khaki53 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:26 am

BrandontheCanadian wrote:Butter all the way in my humble opinion, for the obvious health and nutrition comparison with margarine, however as a young'un i always like margarine because it was easier to spread on my toast :lol: that was then though and this is now
...................(parkay...........BUTTER................parkay.........BUTTER......................If you're old enough to remember........................Butter is the real deal................:)
khaki53

Re: Butter VS Margarine

Postby fits » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 am

Butter. I was told Margarine has apparently just one molecule different from plastic! I have read info since that says one molecule is actually a huge amount, However, its basically synthetic, and basically shit. It should be used to grease doors and that's about it.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Previous

Return to Nutrition