Master Cleanse

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Master Cleanse

Postby Digitaltao » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:10 pm

2 tbsp lemon or lime juice (1/2 lemon)
1-2 tbsp of pure grade B maple syrup
1/10 tsp cayenne pepper (red) or to taste
8-10 oz of purified water (very warm to medium hot)

Basically I drink around a half gallon of this solution everyday and as much water as I want everyday. At night I drink Senna Tea(a laxative) and when I wake up I drink 2 table spoons of Sea Salt dissolved in water(another laxative). Most books/websites recommend staying on the detox for 10 days. I am aiming for 14 days.....but a big ol' steak sounds soo good I might break it in 10 days. To break the fast you drink the solution above for half the day then watered down Orange Juice the rest. The next day you can drink most juices and eat vegetable soup for lunch/dinner. After that your pretty much ready to go eating whatever you want. Some people stay on this Cleanse for 40 days :shock: . Right now I am on day 7 and sometimes the cravings for real food are downright crazy xxfridge .
"Molon labe!"
Digitaltao
Helot
Helot

Postby HairyGaul » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:26 pm

:toimonster:
So other than increased time in the crapper and cravings how are you feeling? I've never done any serious fasting/cleansing.
HairyGaul
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Digitaltao » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:09 pm

feeling good, almost a little slap happy... energy is down a little bit right now. Other then that fine ;)
"Molon labe!"
Digitaltao
Helot
Helot

Postby fits » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 pm

I recently dne a 5 day detox. Was a god experiance, felt good after but would not do it again. I'll maybe fast for the odd dy or two, drink plenty of liquids, lemon juice and senna tea but I dont think there is any thing AMAZING that you can get out of a 40 day detox. I'd rather shove a hose up my ass and flush myslef out :shock:
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Digitaltao » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:37 am

Yea, 40 days just sounds way too crazy.
"Molon labe!"
Digitaltao
Helot
Helot

Postby brigade » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 am

I may have to give this a try sounds interesting. I usually do my fasting/cleansing with just distilled water and that's it. Now I am not fat but I always lose at least 5 lbs the first 24hrs. My body reacts pretty strongly with fasting so I can only do it for like 3 days before the headaches get bad and I need to eat. But after I come off of them and start eating again I am A ok. I fast 1 day week one 3 day fast a month just to keep myself running smooth. It works if you want to read a really good book about fasting look up Paul Bragg's " The Miracle of fasting" change my life and I have always been an over eater but after I read this book it made me very sure and determined that fasting was a good and natural way to stay healthy throughout my years
Last edited by brigade on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brigade
Helot
Helot

Postby Cheesedog » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm planning a "Vitamin C Flush" in a few days. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.endfatigue.com/tools-support ... flush.html
Spartan is the attitude, not your birthplace.
Cheesedog
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Gonna check that link out laters :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition