It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Allright gentlemen, time to start eating right.

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Allright gentlemen, time to start eating right.

Postby Digitaltao » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:41 am

So I just finished my master cleanse (10 day fast). Its time to come up with a new diet.

About me: Age: 21 Weight: 250 Bodyfat: 36% Height: 6'2.

Training(for 2 weeks): 6 mile bike ride to work (take the bus back). Burpee pyramid from 20 three times weekly. Sledgehammer work outs once a week and one of Cookies Spartan Warrior circuits once a week.

Goals: Loose weight, the butter zone for me is 190-185. Loose body fat (the lower the better)

So gentlemen the question I ask you, what has worked best for you in the past? EF, Low Carb, Macrobiotic, etc.... Thanks ya'll
"Molon labe!"
Digitaltao
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:02 am

Bump for laters,

Busy with possible filming of new video for the board and its snowing outside so poor guy is gonna suffer badly :twisted:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Digitaltao » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:08 pm

I cant wait cookie ;)
"Molon labe!"
Digitaltao
Helot
Helot

Re: Allright gentlemen, time to start eating right.

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:08 am

Digitaltao wrote:So I just finished my master cleanse (10 day fast). Its time to come up with a new diet.

About me: Age: 21 Weight: 250 Bodyfat: 36% Height: 6'2.

Training(for 2 weeks): 6 mile bike ride to work (take the bus back). Burpee pyramid from 20 three times weekly. Sledgehammer work outs once a week and one of Cookies Spartan Warrior circuits once a week.

Goals: Loose weight, the butter zone for me is 190-185. Loose body fat (the lower the better)

So gentlemen the question I ask you, what has worked best for you in the past? EF, Low Carb, Macrobiotic, etc.... Thanks ya'll

Training wise I would do the spartan workout twice per week with a burpee session at the end to hammer your cardio then a strength session with the hammer work to break things up one day per week.

Make sure to do stretches and postural core work after each workout.

Diet wise I`ve used most diets and they all work to some degree, the overiding thing is that you need to burn more cals than you eat and the food you eat should be from all the food groups and not come in a box as then its manmade and prone to containing things that aint natural.

Make sure to avoid all simple sugars, get carbs from high fibrous sources to slow down absorbtion and keep insulin levels in check.

look also at some good fats from nuts, seeds, avacado`s, olive oil small amounts of butter (none salted) fish to supply energy and help with regulating hormone production.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition