It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:17 am
Change font size

Nutrition

5 a day

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

5 a day

Postby benzo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:29 am

Does everyone manage to hit this target or do you have more than that?
benzo
Helot
Helot

Re: 5 a day

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:46 am

benzo wrote:Does everyone manage to hit this target or do you have more than that?

I assume your refering to intake of fruit and veg?

If you are I try to aim for 10 per day and just say on TV yesterday that the japanese recommend 17 servings per day and they have the lowest levels of cancer in the world.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:21 pm

funny this topic getting started, I was just thinking about this the other day... spooky!

where does this 5 a day rule come from? Im suspicious when supermarkets tell the world how much to eat and usually anything in the mainstream about nutrition is based on 'half a clue'. So is there any studies that say '5 a day'? wheres it coming from?
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Scott wrote:funny this topic getting started, I was just thinking about this the other day... spooky!

where does this 5 a day rule come from? Im suspicious when supermarkets tell the world how much to eat and usually anything in the mainstream about nutrition is based on 'half a clue'. So is there any studies that say '5 a day'? wheres it coming from?

I think it comes from the *World Health Organisation* and its recomendations.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby HairyGaul » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Does coffee count as veg? I don't worry too much about hitting five servings. I just try to make my snacks fruits and veggies. An apple and a handful of almonds instead of a Snickers bar for example. Or I'll munch on those little grape tomatoes and some feta cheese.... Damnit...this forum always makes me hungry.
HairyGaul
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby benzo » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:19 pm

It was the wright stuff who said that! i'm thinking of maybe adding fruit and veg to my protein shake to help achieve the most vitamins and minerals i can safely!
benzo
Helot
Helot

Postby Cheesedog » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Try tossing some frozen blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries in your protein shakes. Tasty and good for you.
Spartan is the attitude, not your birthplace.
Cheesedog
Helot
Helot

Postby lil john » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:05 am

somat i prob dont hit like i used to, but going tob start uping the intake. along with more protein
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:21 am

benzo wrote:It was the wright stuff who said that! i'm thinking of maybe adding fruit and veg to my protein shake to help achieve the most vitamins and minerals i can safely!

Yep thats were I saw it

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby benzo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:48 am

Cheesedog wrote:Try tossing some frozen blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries in your protein shakes. Tasty and good for you.

I think i will do that! next time i get some more protein i'll get vanilla flavour as it gives you more options to add stuff i think!
benzo
Helot
Helot

Postby Eric » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Iv started juicing a lot of fruit and veg, sometimes i just dont have the time so its a lot easyer
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cheesedog » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:19 am

benzo wrote:
Cheesedog wrote:Try tossing some frozen blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries in your protein shakes. Tasty and good for you.

I think i will do that! next time i get some more protein i'll get vanilla flavour as it gives you more options to add stuff i think!

Yeah, vanilla is the way to go with most fruit (IME).
Spartan is the attitude, not your birthplace.
Cheesedog
Helot
Helot

Next

Return to Nutrition