It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Protein shakes

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Protein shakes

Postby avengedsixfold » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 pm

I loathe to post stuff like this but then everyone on this site seems on the ball with this sort of stuff. Before anyway tells me to google it i have and talked to a few people but all i've had is mixed comments and reactions. I'm looking to supplement my diet allowing higher intake of protein to help build muscle and aid recovery. What sort of shake powder should i get? I've heard bad things about creatine so if anyone could help out :razz: is whey protein the best option for me as i train muay thai and need to stay lean.

Also if anyone could suggest any makes as there are so many and one that wont have an adverse effect on my body lol i'd really appreciate it. thanks guys!!!!
avengedsixfold
Helot
Helot

Postby HairyGaul » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:26 am

Well the best tasting I've ever had was Muscle Milk. Tastes like a creamy and delicious chocalate milk shake and has a really nice amino acid profile. But it is expensive and I am poor :cry:
HairyGaul
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby fits » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 am

Muscle Milk is good, but is expensive as he says.....I use Elite whey. If your using it for recovery - post work out , Just buy a Whey protein like Dymatize Elite whey. If you need it to replace a meal throughout the day then have it with some carbs (oats maybe) and some good fats (flax oil / Olive oil / take fish oils)

If you have the money use Muscle milk or Mega milk (Dymatize version)

Creatine is a solid supp with LOTS of research. Add 5g to your post work out shake and it will help you recover.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:17 am

use a basic whey protein post workout with some honey for your carbs and 3-5grms creatine and use this mixture on training days ONLY as post workout recovery..

You can also add a pinch of sea salt to it for the minerals..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby avengedsixfold » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:26 pm

thanks a lot for answers so far. checked out muscle milk and they have loadsa products! what product would you specifically recommend and provide a link cheers. went on some websites and was just bombarded by hundreds of products so went a little crazy. sorry to be a pest guys!
avengedsixfold
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:29 pm

avengedsixfold wrote:thanks a lot for answers so far. checked out muscle milk and they have loadsa products! what product would you specifically recommend and provide a link cheers. went on some websites and was just bombarded by hundreds of products so went a little crazy. sorry to be a pest guys!

The whey protein I have used and would use again...
Garnell

PHD Pharma whey
Both of those, I thought, were among the nicest tasting in that price range and excellent quality.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby benzo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:37 pm

I use myprotein.co.uk for supplements i've found them to be quite reasonably priced! it takes a week for them to arrive!
benzo
Helot
Helot

Return to Nutrition