It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:56 am
Change font size

Nutrition

what the hell?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

what the hell?

Postby Cap » Mon May 15, 2006 7:31 am

I started on my supps this morning taking 2 fish oils of 6 and 100mg of Niacin as I was just about to go to the gym, 10-20 mins later I start feeling a bit dodgy, my breathing is heavy, my stomach feels heavy, I can feel my face going red and just generally feel pants, is this a normal thing when taking Niacin?
Cap

Postby fits » Mon May 15, 2006 10:33 am

I hvae never heard of it mate, just looking it up in a book i have and it sounds like some thing you have to be a little careful with... aparantly it can effect you if you have....diabetes, low blood pressure, bleeding problems, glaucoma, gout, liver disease or ulcers

just read, it says Niacin in the form of nicotinic acid should be taken only on medical advice. Often prescribed because it raises HDL 'good' colesterol while also lowering LDL 'bad' colesterol and triglyceride levels. nicotinic acid has the side effect of relaxing the blood vessels, particularly those near the surface of the body. This causes flushing and itching and even fainting. As a result of blood being 'stolen' from the heart!

reading about it, the book says it MAY do this or MAY do that but basically i would just stop taking it, sounds like its the Niacin that has caused your symptoms, i would not take unless told to by a doctor..... hope thats helped some,
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon May 15, 2006 11:22 am

Drop dose down to 50mgs and see how you feel..

Did you take them after breakfast and have you had any coffee before hand of fat burner type supplements?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cap » Mon May 15, 2006 1:27 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Drop dose down to 50mgs and see how you feel..

Did you take them after breakfast and have you had any coffee before hand of fat burner type supplements?

Nope no coffee I dont drink either tea or coffee mate, have got some san tight but havent touched that either. Shall I just chop the 100mg tabs in 2 then mate? Aye mate had them after breakkie with 2 fish oils
Cap

Postby Cookie » Mon May 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Yes chop in half and see how it goes...
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition