It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:20 am
Change font size

Nutrition

can i

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

can i

Postby lil john » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:39 pm

tak my glutamine with the creatine, ie in the same drink or will they effect the perofrmance of each other?

cheers
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm

I would take it back to the shop and ask for your money back....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:07 pm

the glutamine, nice lol

just thought id see what the effects are, as been told by couple guys its good. month carnt hurt lol
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:10 pm

I`ll see if Tak can *open* your eyes to how crappy it is as a supp for healthy people..
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:45 pm

oh. why? whats the negatives against it then, ie am i going to suffer trying it for a month.
bloody waste of a tenner now, cud have used that in the skyline. arghhhh. think ill stick to eating, creatine and vits. like i always have
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 pm

LOL...

Tak has been looking for *conclusive* evidence for sometime with regards to it actually helping bodybuilders and so far hasn`t found any scientific papers to back up the claims.

I`ll try and get him to explain more, he is very busy at the moment so might take awhile..

Like anything its just an opinion, so if you want to try then try but keep a detailed log on it to make 100% sure it is the supplement helping and not something else you`ve changed at the same time.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:57 pm

yeah what the hell. ill add it in, do what it says and keep a note, if i see an improvement other than just what id expect then all good. if not, extra tyre money for drifting lmao and eating money woop woop
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Ok,

most people use it post workout

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am

Try using it on its own before you start using creatine. Wack 15g in your pre and the same in post work out drinks for just a coupel of weeks and then report back if you feel less soreness, better recovered possibly fresher for workouts. Then add the creatine and see if you notice any more changes. If you have enough and if you normally drink a shake before bed, add another 15g

We know creatine works, I used Glutamine years ago and thought it helped allot with soreness and recovery. I have some now and once I am up and running with training and diet again ill be using t, I have tried some recently but also had HMB and bcaa's in the mix. I think they helped to a degree. but as I took al 3 together i can't be sure what works and what dont.

People can give opinions and pull 'studies' out of thier ass but unless you try yourself you will never know.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Takmaster » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:57 pm

I can't find any studies proving that Glutamine works in normal-healthy people anywhere that are reliable even after a rectal examination.

It appears to be something else for people to spend their money on.

If you are on gear or really dieting down then go for it. If not save your money and spend it on food
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby samurai69 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Takmaster wrote:I can't find any studies proving that Glutamine works in normal-healthy people anywhere that are reliable even after a rectal examination.
It appears to be something else for people to spend their money on.

If you are on gear or really dieting down then go for it. If not save your money and spend it on food

what does the rectal exam show ???
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Takmaster » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:06 pm

"People can give opinions and pull 'studies' out of thier ass but unless you try yourself you will never know."

Well I figured I'd check my arse as fits claims it can be source for studies.

:lol:
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Next

Return to Nutrition