Change font size

Nutrition

Caffeine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Caffeine

Postby Cookie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:16 pm

WOW a bit messed up to say the least :shock:

I think we need to set up our very own C.A.A. (caffeine addicts anonymous) group :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:47 pm

You have no idea how messed up this is, after doing a ton of research it appears that the Adrenal Glands are one of the primary defenses against mold. As long as your Adrenals are strong and healthy you can pretty much tolerate short term exposure to mold. However, long term exposure really taxes them, so in combination with stims, and heavy exercise, this pretty much accelerates the whole process of adrenal burnout.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:You have no idea how messed up this is, after doing a ton of research it appears that the Adrenal Glands are one of the primary defenses against mold. As long as your Adrenals are strong and healthy you can pretty much tolerate short term exposure to mold. However, long term exposure really taxes them, so in combination with stims, and heavy exercise, this pretty much accelerates the whole process of adrenal burnout.

How are you feeling now?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 am

Picked up a cracking espresso maker. Had a little too much though :oops:

Anyway's doing some research & it turns out that the Arabica bean has less caffeine content than the Robusta bean & an espresso can have a lot less overall caffeine than a regular drip coffee. An espresso seems to vary between 50-100mg per serving.

Decaffeinated coffee comes out at 3-12mg per serving.

So I've to stick with an Arabica bean for my early morning training day (notice I said day) & then the decaff for the rest of the week. This should limit cravings & supply just enough overall caffeine so that when I do have the full strength stuff its not such a shock to the system as going from none to full throttle.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Bumping as I need to go through it all to see if there's any info on caffeine reducing circulation.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue May 28, 2013 4:46 pm

There has always been a buzz on caffeine constricting blood vessels/flow. Jeez a ton of people blame their baldness on caffeine restricting circulation to the head, but then if that was the fact a set of gravity boots might resolve that issue :mrgreen:
Seriously, though I have read that it does a little (not the baldness)
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 am

Melas Zomos wrote:There has always been a buzz on caffeine constricting blood vessels/flow. Jeez a ton of people blame their baldness on caffeine restricting circulation to the head, but then if that was the fact a set of gravity boots might resolve that issue :mrgreen:
Seriously, though I have read that it does a little (not the baldness)

No issues this side on the balding front :finga:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Picked up a new decaffeinated coffee today done with the "Swiss water" technique to decaff it.

Completely different taste to regular decaff espresso :shock:

So much smoother and creamier.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition