It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:39 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Caffeine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Al » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:51 pm

It wouldn't be that Guarana (sp) gum? I think the brand name is Buzz gum or something like that over here.
Al
Banished

Postby fits » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:06 am

I think I am going to have a few days break from the stuff. I think it effects me more when I am dieting and rather than help me concentrate I end up not being able to concentrate on any thing!

I read some interesting articles in MD about 'caffeine' and how there are studies that say caffeine can help you train harder, reduce DOMS, possibly increase Test levels, increase cardio performance etc. they also say some studies have proven that taking a caffeine supp can work allot different from getting the caffeine equivalent from coffee though....
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby BrandontheCanadian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:50 pm

i used to drink energy dirnks periodically now i am caffeine free 100% and i love it i found the caffeine was causing me insomnia and i would have to lay dow and wrestle for a comfortable position for 2 hours before i could get to sleep also recently in america i heard there was a death of a teenage boy who drank 6 or 7 energy drinks one after another (highly unintelligent) which got me thinking that drinking one could even be detrimental to my body, another example that keeps me away from caffeine is my grade 6 project on coca cola-basically i left a nail in coca cola over night and in the morning it was rusty (gross) which just goes to show of what it might do to your body i would also like to point out that coca cola produces either "rockstar" or "Full Throttle" energy drink so i wouldnt recommend drinking them
BrandontheCanadian
Helot
Helot

Postby BrandontheCanadian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:51 pm

i think it is Buzz gum or something like that but i'm not sure Al
BrandontheCanadian
Helot
Helot

Postby fits » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm

FUCK

today i thought, no coffee, woke up made a coffee and had finished it before i realised i wasn't ment to be drinkign coffee lol then got to work, takes me 1.5 hours now days so by the time i got there i needed another one to get me workign then some one made one and i said yes, then i made one!!! one day i will give it a rest!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Al » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm

:grin: Just brewed masel' an urn of Hot Lava Java. I might take up smokin' ceeegars next.
Al
Banished

Postby fits » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Al wrote::grin: Just brewed masel' an urn of Hot Lava Java. I might take up smokin' ceeegars next.

Bit late in the day for that! lol i make a pot sat and sun morning that make abotu two and a bit fair sized mugs full. then maybe an instant later int he day. But then i normally have a little alcohol later int he evening which helps me sleep
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Re: Caffeine

Postby unknownsoldier » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:42 pm

lifes about balance in my opinion, and i think im lacking my balance in terms of caffeine consumption! im a bit of a coffee monster, and i personally dont feel it really helps me anymore. when ive consumed my morning coffees, it normally actually makes me feel breatheless and i become distracted from tasks very quickly and easily! essentially the exact opposite of the article! lol! i find myself less resiliant to hard excercise etc, so im definitely trying to cut back the coffees! if only it werent for those EVIL :twisted: headaches!!
unknownsoldier
Helot
Helot

Postby samurai69 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:03 pm

unknownsoldier wrote:lifes about balance in my opinion, and i think im lacking my balance in terms of caffeine consumption! im a bit of a coffee monster, and i personally dont feel it really helps me anymore. when ive consumed my morning coffees, it normally actually makes me feel breatheless and i become distracted from tasks very quickly and easily! essentially the exact opposite of the article! lol! i find myself less resiliant to hard excercise etc, so im definitely trying to cut back the coffees! if only it werent for those EVIL :twisted: headaches!!

luckily never been too much of a coffee drinker, but i remeber when i was doing my courses someone came off a caffeine /coffee addiction and had mental bad headaches and other problems too..............took a long time to kick the habit

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby unknownsoldier » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:16 pm

i think coffees difficult to give up because its so prevalent, and so societally approved of... but still, pain, apparently is only weakness leaving the body!!
unknownsoldier
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Caffiene withdrawl is bad with a capital BAD

Have been making more of an effort to drink green or white tea instead of it.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:11 pm

stop picking on coffee its awesome. it makes you indestructable.
I want a fancy coffee type maker for xmas so I can make the gormet shit. then once Ive made some coffee with it Im gonna take the machine to bed and make sweet love to it.
so now you'll know why coffee at my house tastes salty 8-[
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition