It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Caffeine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Caffeine

Postby unknownsoldier » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Haha, mate, I've got a krups espresso machine and a cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker! Its because I love the coffee so much that its causing me problems! Haha!
unknownsoldier
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 pm

unknownsoldier wrote:Haha, mate, I've got a krups espresso machine and a cuisinart grind and brew coffee maker! Its because I love the coffee so much that its causing me problems! Haha!

yeah, the grind and brew ones... thats what Im after. I think it shows proper commitment to the coffee lifestyle :lol:
I want to go into posh coffee bean shops and pretend like Im a pure connoisseur.... when actually I just buy whatever coffee has the coolest name, hence the jars of 'rocket fuel' in my cuboard.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby unknownsoldier » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Haha, well if you want to come to derby and give me 50 quid, you can have a brand new grind and brew, never been unboxed and worth 150GBP from a shop! Haha, get on the gourmet, you know you want to!
unknownsoldier
Helot
Helot

Postby Luke » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:31 am

Well its been quite a popular thought that coffee takes water out of the body. Many countries like Italy or France serve water with their coffee, or even in the medical profession coffee was not counted to fluid intake. This has changed after recent studies, coffee is counted as a liquid (in hospitals, homes...) like water, juices... .
"Good. Then we will have our battle in the shade."
- Dienekes
Luke
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Luke wrote:Well its been quite a popular thought that coffee takes water out of the body. Many countries like Italy or France serve water with their coffee, or even in the medical profession coffee was not counted to fluid intake. This has changed after recent studies, coffee is counted as a liquid (in hospitals, homes...) like water, juices... .

I need to drink more green tea :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:51 pm

"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:25 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Cookie wrote:http://www.energyfiend.com/

Holy smokes! Never knew some of that stuff was out there. Caffeinated Ice Cream :shock:

Cookie wrote:http://www.turbosnort.com/ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Funny I was just thinking the other week if anyone does lines of caffeine.

Cookie wrote:http://www.5150juice.com/ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah I think you summed that up pretty well :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Decent price though considering :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Cookie wrote:http://www.fuelyour10khours.com/the-range/

Is this caffeinated too, at atleast above the chocolate chunks??
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Frightening to think what the hit will be like from that nasal product. Might be worth a go before a race :-k

The breakfast cereal has guarana in there. Quite a good idea really as I've found with guarana it falls into a few categories.

1) People get on fine with it.
2) People can only use it if its consumed at any time other than when they have an empty stomach.
3) People can only consume it as a beverage sipped slowly.
4) People can only use it if its part of an overall caffeine mixture in a supplement.
5) People can't take it at all.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:43 pm

I tried a guarana tea before, and really was not impressed. Might have to look into something stronger?? Did not upset the stomach in anyway.
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:I tried a guarana tea before, and really was not impressed. Might have to look into something stronger?? Did not upset the stomach in anyway.

I do have a guarana mix coffee alternative called Wake Up which is quite nice but its quite low dosed at just 18mg per teaspoon. Yet if I've had some time off caffeine even such a dose as that has an nice gentle effect.

Will say I am a fan of the guarana containing food bars I sometimes eat before a big run or race. The mix of slow releasing carbohydrates & the slower impact on the CNS from the guarana seem to go well together.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition