Change font size

Nutrition

Caffeine

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Caffeine

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:I tried a guarana tea before, and really was not impressed. Might have to look into something stronger?? Did not upset the stomach in anyway.

I do have a guarana mix coffee alternative called Wake Up which is quite nice but its quite low dosed at just 18mg per teaspoon. Yet if I've had some time off caffeine even such a dose as that has an nice gentle effect.

Will say I am a fan of the guarana containing food bars I sometimes eat before a big run or race. The mix of slow releasing carbohydrates & the slower impact on the CNS from the guarana seem to go well together.

thanks will keep that in mind and re-explore guarana. Though I do have to say it just does not seem as cool as doing a line of caffeine :supz: You know I am going to have to grow some cantalopes and give it a try one of these days when I feeling like cheating death :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:thanks will keep that in mind and re-explore guarana. Though I do have to say it just does not seem as cool as doing a line of caffeine :supz: You know I am going to have to grow some cantalopes and give it a try one of these days when I feeling like cheating death :finga:

Going to have to see if I can get hold of some of that nasal caffeine just for shits & giggles :lol:

Once knew someone who did a line of EPH :shock:

Reaction was never again :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:thanks will keep that in mind and re-explore guarana. Though I do have to say it just does not seem as cool as doing a line of caffeine :supz: You know I am going to have to grow some cantalopes and give it a try one of these days when I feeling like cheating death :finga:

Going to have to see if I can get hold of some of that nasal caffeine just for shits & giggles :lol:

Once knew someone who did a line of EPH :shock:

Reaction was never again :lol:

Yeah, well I said that about fat bottom girls back in the day and somehow after a few beers "never" seemed to be procrastinated to the next time :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:30 am

Cookie wrote:http://www.fuelyour10khours.com/the-range/

Managed to find some of this stuff so bought a couple of boxes with it being too far away to get regularly.

As with most breakfast cereal type products its pretty high in carbohydrates and low in protein. Tried it on Friday & was surprised to feel a very noticeable energy kick, mental boost & focus from such a small amount. A very clean uplift. Emailed the company to find out what the exact dose of caffeine is your getting per 50g serving but yet to hear anything back from them. If anything I think the product needs more protein in there to balance things out. That can be gotten round by having an egg or two or a shake if pushed for time.

Overall better than expected.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:53 pm

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:37 am

Cookie wrote:http://www.aeroshots.com/

Good looking girl, smiling mouth......
"Draw into mouth, and swallow"
:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:http://www.aeroshots.com/

Good looking girl, smiling mouth......
"Draw into mouth, and swallow"
:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:

#-o trust you top lower the tone.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Oh and you did not think the same thing when that graphic "Popped" up :^o

On a different note, entering week #2 completely Stim Free ](*,)
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:On a different note, entering week #2 completely Stim Free ](*,)

Go on then share the pain.

Day three of no caffeine myself.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Cookie wrote:
Melas Zomos wrote:On a different note, entering week #2 completely Stim Free ](*,)

Go on then share the pain.

Day three of no caffeine myself.

Days 2-4 really blow, glad to see I am not alone in the suffering :mrgreen:
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:39 am

Melas Zomos wrote:Days 2-4 really blow, glad to see I am not alone in the suffering :mrgreen:

Crashing & burning yesterday. Felt like I was walking through treacle all day even though the day before I felt pretty good till late afternoon when I did crash badly after eating.

Any particular reason you've come off?

What were you using?

Have you completely come off all caffeine based items?

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

“Any particular reason you've come off?”

Yeah, I have been completely out of control with it since the wife went in back in January, basically addicted. I could not do anything without first firing up my cns. My creativity had gone down the toilet, and I really did not feel like doing anything what so ever. Had to force myself to do the most simple est of tasks. Hard to get out of bed in the morning, etc, etc…. To be fair I was slowly getting out of control even before the wife incident as I was not taking any breaks what so ever from it. In the past I would always take one or two days a week off, and one week a year. However, it has probably been 2+ yrs without taking a break. I can pinpoint the moment it all started spiraling downhill.

It was to the point I needed a fix from morning to night and basically was turning into a speed freak. Really had no choice earlier in purging earlier in the year with the wife and all. Lately even caffeine was not getting the job done. Basically I have all the symptoms of major adrenal burnout, per our other thread.

My body temp has been really inconsistant. Though I have yet to get it tested, I think it is messing with my thyroid as my morning waking temperature is really low 96.4 on average. So the purge is on, till I can get back to normal.

You will love this too, while searching for the above problems, I also discovered a problem with black mold in one of my work places, which you guessed it has all the same symptoms as adrenal burnout. So I got double whammied.

“What were you using?”

Black tea (strong) in the am, Coffee PM, vivarin (caffeine pill) usually just bit off a little through the day as needed, and through the last few months in the morning to wake up, and of course I went back to our favorite jack3d to get through my workouts.

“Have you completely come off all caffeine based items?”

Yes, cold turkey. Everything!
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition