It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Creatine?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Creatine?

Postby Musky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:47 am

Been reading information about Creatine and realised I should probably be using it for two reasons 1. My training is becoming quite lengthy and i'm under the impression it helps you train for longer.
2. My entire family is vegetarian so I eat no meat. Meat is the natural source of creatine right?

Who has experience with it, do you recommend taking it daily? Cycling it or just chucking it back?
Musky
Helot
Helot

Postby lil john » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:29 am

i used to take it every day, but now almost only when training. and i havnt found a diffrence tbh. obnly so much your body can take in anyway.

deff worth being on it, just make sure you drink plenty
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Al » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 am

I've been using it so long I can't remember when I started!
It had a dramatic effect on my strength. No side effects for me. Other guys in the gym ended up with sore stomachs, and/or they didn't see any results.
Stick with the recommendations on the packaging which usually instructs to load for 7 days or so, maintain for another 8 weeks and then come off it for a couple of weeks.
I prefer the powder to the pill form.
I don't think it has a great deal of effect on endurance sports, it's more to fuel high intensity workouts. You can look up the science bit.

I swear by it because it works well for me.
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am

theres no proof of the loading dose being worth while, just a way to speed up the use of it........therfore buy more

when i used it i noticed a strength gain, though i did experience some bloating on one and stomach cramping on another

then settled on one and it worked ok with no sides

you do need a de loading time (time off) every so often ..... in my case it was every six weeks

also when i was running 14x14 d bol cycle i used to use the creatine in the 2 week off period

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Obessian » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:00 am

D-bol... as in 'roids?

How did that work for you?

On the creatine note... I never took it consistently, and I think you have to accumulate some in your system for optimum effect, so I wouldn't know.

I have heard many a diarrhoea - horror story from creatine users.

However, other guys seemed to make excellent gains on it.
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Eric » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:33 am

Iv used loads of different makes and never really noticed anything massive from it, when it first came about i would load up on shit loads of the stuff, it was EAS so it wasnt bloody cheap! I would go up to 100 - 200 grams a day, bloody madness, well if 40g is good more must be better right? :roll:

I use 3g now in PW shake, the reason i think i never noticed anything much is i have always be a massive red meat eater so prob got enough in my diet, maybe these people who it worked well for were lacking it in there diet, or maybe i could just be chatting shit.

A friend of mine now has kidney trouble, which the doc has said is to do with Creatine use. Iv asked a few time if he told the doc he used to take AS, he said he has but the doc still put its down to Creatine.
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Re: Creatine?

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Musky wrote:Been reading information about Creatine and realised I should probably be using it for two reasons 1. My training is becoming quite lengthy and i'm under the impression it helps you train for longer.
2. My entire family is vegetarian so I eat no meat. Meat is the natural source of creatine right?

Who has experience with it, do you recommend taking it daily? Cycling it or just chucking it back?

So your a veggie :roll: :lol:

You are probably low in B vitamins also, so look to increase your dark berried fruits and dark green veggies, maybe even some veggiemite.

As for the creatine use it only post workout with some protein and a good couple of tables spoons of good quality honey for the carb source.

Failing that come back to the dark side and I`ll pay for your first steak ;-)
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:11 pm

i train with a vegan!!!!!!

and hes a strong bastard i tell thee. plenty of stuff out there now.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Musky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:54 pm

been bought up as a veggie all my life, now i've come to understand I have no issue with eating of meat, its animal cruelty i dislike. So as soon as im off to uni in september circumstances may change.

As for the vitamin B cookie, I get alot of steamed Cale and always have a bit of vegemite at least daily.
Musky
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 pm

Musky wrote:been bought up as a veggie all my life, now i've come to understand I have no issue with eating of meat, its animal cruelty i dislike. So as soon as im off to uni in september circumstances may change.

As for the vitamin B cookie, I get alot of steamed Cale and always have a bit of vegemite at least daily.

Look at more that just the kale for B vits, and veggiemite is a fav :lol:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Musky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:06 pm

kale was of the top of the head, but yeah do try to get a wide variety of foods. I'll probably get some creatine when im paid at the end of this month.
Musky
Helot
Helot

Postby BrandontheCanadian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:41 pm

i find taking supplements in general wheather they be steroids, portein, creatine ect is giving up and saying your body is not good enough, the only supplements i rock is a multi vitamin (strong formula) and some fish oil fer good fats and brain function.....not that much is going on up there anyways :razz:
BrandontheCanadian
Helot
Helot

Next

Return to Nutrition