It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:13 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

brain food

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby firebear369 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:28 pm

If I may jump in, you didn't mention caffeine. While some isn't bad, too much will dehydrate you.

And those darn energy drinks are killer!!

If you are always thirsty despite drinking a great deal of water, visit you doctor and get tested for diabetes. Extreme thirst can be a sign of diabetes, among other things. A blood workup might be in order to see what actually is going on.
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Re: brain food

Postby Takmaster » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm

JD wrote:you hear about food making you sluggish or food making you slow.

so whats behind it, what is it in that food that makes you sluggish, and what foods are they, and what foods making your brain active and quick and whats in them?

Leptin levels, short chain carbs, inslulin spikes, too larger meals, shit fats on the food, two fewer small meals,

Brain foods.................?

Regular food, good quality fats as mentioned above to ensure that neural pathways are coated, all cell membranes are constituted by a fatty bipolar liquid layer, also hormones, neurotransmiters/neurosteroids are predominantly fatty based. Foods high in choline help too.

If you are worried about your hydration, keep a 2L clear plastic bottle next to the loo and piss in it. Brown, yellow and general golden autumnal colours are not good. Very faint yellow to clear is best.
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:11 am

diabities has been one ive thought, my mum has it. so could be more likily.
my piss is generally light yellow to clear, i can be clear but still thinking i badly need a dribj, way my hands feel etc
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Previous

Return to Nutrition