It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:58 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Detox

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Detox

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:31 am

Ok a few days ago I started a detox using some foot patches.

Have pictures and will post later on after they have been resized.

Initial findings..

Feet get hot whilst the patches are on and makes feet feel uncomfortable and has interupted sleep, BUT, given the hot weather we are having this hasn`t helped sleep also.

If you go by the colour of the patches after 8-10hrs of being on your feet, then I am in need of a serious detox. They look pretty mucky and quity shitty.

I do feel a tad more energetic and cleaner/healthier after about 5 days use but I could make the results probably better if diet were changed. On holiday so one too many takeaways :oops:

Pics to follow.....
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 am

what are these pads? what do they do?
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:57 am

JD wrote:what are these pads? what do they do?

This is from the ones I have

It has long been accepted that many of today's illnesses and diseases are caused by the accumulation of harmful toxins in the human body. After many years of research inspired by the longevity and resilience of forest trees, it was discovered in Japan that wood and bamboo vinegar extracts have the unique property of adsorbing bodily toxins. Further research and the addition of other natural active ingredients gave rise to the 'All Natural Detox Foot Patch'.

Our new range of detox patches are improved versions of the original detoxifying foot patch from Japan that have been scientifically proven to help extract harmful toxins from your body while you sleep! People all over the world are using our detox patches to help maintain good health and wellbeing. The reason why these patches have gained such popularity is down to how simple they are to use and the positive results users have experienced.

For hundreds of years, eastern medicine has long believed that toxins travel downwards in the body during the day and accumulate from the tips of our toes to the ankles. It is also understood that toxin accumulation leads to many degenerative diseases. For example, painful rheumatism and arthritis are caused by acidic toxin fluid gathered in the joints. In foot reflexology, the feet are considered as an abbreviated version of the body, with 62 acupuncture points on the soles relating to the major organs in the body.

Our detox patches contain natural ingredients which stimulate these acupuncture points through the combined action of wood/bamboo vinegar, far-infrared energy and minus ion emissions. This stimulation results in the breakdown of water and waste molecules that frees blockages in the circulatory and lymphatic system allowing blood to flow more freely and toxic material to be removed into the patches.

Most importantly, using detox patches on a regular basis helps prevent the accumulation of toxins in the body, thus substantially reducing the chances of illness and disease. Other benefits of removing harmful toxin from the body include:

Our bodies contain around 400 to 800 man-made chemicals. Unfortunately, the normal healthy body elimination process does not remove all these foreign chemicals. Food, drinks, polluted air, medications, stress, metabolism, products applied to the skin and dust all contribute to the body's toxic overload. Toxins accumulate on a daily basis and build up over years, resulting in poor health as manifested by weakness, pains and aches and a less efficient immune system to fight against illness and disease. For the body to be able to effectively resist disease, it first needs to reach a cellular balance between the excretion of toxins and absorption of nutrients, water and oxygen. Our detox patches help the body achieve this balance and thus promote good health and wellbeing.

Before going to bed, place each detox patch onto the supplied adhesive sheets and apply to the soles of your feet. You should refer to the reflexology chart provided to assist you as to which areas of the feet you should be applying the patches. Try to leave the patches on both feet for 8-10 hours to ensure maximum adsorption of toxins into the patches.

Once the patches have finished their job, the powders will often change from a pale yellow to a brown/grey colour and become slightly stiff and sticky. This change in colour and consistency signifies that toxins have been removed into the patch.

Bamboo Vinegar: A by-product of bamboo carbonization. Its herbal properties include the powerful ability to assist in the discharge of unnecessary waste matter from the human body. Tourmaline (Emerald & Gold Edtions): A natural mineral that exerts a cleansing and liberating energy upon our entire nervous system with a clearing and stabilizing effect. Tourmaline is best known as one of the only minerals to emit far infrared heat and negative ions.

Wood Vinegar: Otherwise known as pyroligneous acid is the fluid or sap derived from certain tree cells, which exhibits exceptional permeability and sterilizing properties. The great absorbing power of the wood vinegar makes it fit to be used in physiotherapy, for minor pain relief and to decrease swelling in the body.

Chitosan: Derived from chitin, the main fiber component of crustacean shells. Chitosan products are also used extensively by the medical profession due to their remarkable ability to promote wound healing, such as burns and skin inflammation.

Houttuynia Cordata: This plant is native to Japan, Java and Nepal and is found at altitudes of over 6200 feet. It has been proved to contain a variety of flavoids, flavonoid glycosides (afzerin, quercitrin, isoquercitrin) and pyridine alkaloids. It has been recognised for generations for its strong absorption properties.

Amethyst (Emerald Edition): Similar to Tourmaline, Amethyst exerts a cleansing and liberating energy upon our entire nervous system with a clearing and stabilizing effect. Amethyst is also said to be a stone of sobriety, and can help the user become free of addictive tendencies. Combining amethyst with tourmaline more than doubles the amount of negative ions and far-infrared energy produced, which can be beneficial to health.

Vitamin C: A protein that gives structure to bones, cartilage, muscle, and blood vessels. Vitamin C also helps maintain capillaries, bones, and teeth and aids in the absorption of iron. It also acts as a stabilizer for our patches.

Milk Thistle: For over two decades, studies have confirmed Milk Thistle's unique abilities with regard to aiding the correction of liver disorders. Conditions including cirrhosis, viral and alcohol-induced hepatitis, and fatty infiltration of the liver have all shown significant improvement when treated with an extract of Milk Thistle. Other known benefits include the regeneration of liver cells, detoxifying blood and assisting inflamation problems.

Loquat Leaf: Contains amygdalin (amygdalin is otherwise known as the anti-cancer vitamin, B17 or laetrile). It is known because of its ability to promote the secretion of body fluids and is beneficial to the vital energy of the lungs as it helps dissolve and expectorates phlegm and alleviates cough.

Cayenne (Red Edition): A stimulating herb made from the dried pods of chili peppers. The main medicinal properties of cayenne are derived from a chemical called capsaicin. capsaicin acts to reduce platelet stickiness and relieve pain. Other constituents of cayenne are vitamins E, vitamin C and carotenoids.

Dextrin: A carbohydrate having the same general formula as starch but a smaller and less complex molecule with adhesive properties. Dextrin is used in detox patches only as a filler and to help bind other ingredients together.

Grapefruit: Contains a rich source of vitamin C and has many beneficial properties including the ability to help lower cholesteral, promote weight loss and protect against heart disease.

Yes. Detox patches are made from natural ingredients that have passed all necessary safety tests. However, as with most health products, we do not advise the use of our patches for pregnant women. Detox patches only remove toxins from the body and nothing is ingested or injected. Young or old, everyone needs to detox to give their body's a fighting chance against illness and disease.

All our detox patches are manufactured in Japan to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards, which further ensures only the highest quality natural ingredients are used. Our detox patches are Japan's No.1 Selling Detox Patches and we have customers from all around the world who regularly use our product.

Please remember, not all detox patches are the same. Unlike certain sellers of detox patches who claim to have the best detox patches available, all our detox patches are scientifically proven to remove harmful toxins from our bodies. The effectiveness of our new range is even more apparent with the arrival of our 'Heavy Metals Research', which demonstrates the ability of our detox patches to effectively remove harmful heavy metals from our body, which are often attributable to illness and disease.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:13 am

Pics in order of days

Have more still on camera
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (77.61 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (68.22 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (95.83 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (65.12 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (73 KiB) Viewed 2655 times

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Obessian » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Well, it looks pretty disgusting.
Obessian
Helot
Helot

Postby Eric » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:56 pm

You still wearing huggies pullups lol

Looks like a lot of shit came out!
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby TH&S » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Interesting. I always thought there was a connection between feet and general health to *some* level.

For example:

Start drinking at 1pm on a Saturday.

Stop drinking at 5am on a Sunday morning.

Take your socks off and leave them on the floor.

Socks should be almost rock hard in the morning, and reek something chronic.

If they don't then you didn't do the experiment right or drink like a girl :lol:
TH&S
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby HairyGaul » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:58 am

Hmm....interesting to get a first hand report. I've seen them in the drugstore but skepticism and lack of funds made me pass 'em over.
Seven times down.
Eight times up.
HairyGaul
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby Cookie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:49 am

HairyGaul wrote:Hmm....interesting to get a first hand report. I've seen them in the drugstore but skepticism and lack of funds made me pass 'em over.

Skeptical myself thats why I had to try them :lol:

Feet not getting as hot as forst few days when patches are on but todays looked really nasty when I took them off :shock:

Pictures to follow

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:58 am

I see the patches in the chemist last week and just thought it was another gimmick, did you see the other patches for pain relief?
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 am

Eric wrote:I see the patches in the chemist last week and just thought it was another gimmick, did you see the other patches for pain relief?

No not seen them

I have used reflexology in the past to good effect so there must be a connec tion between the feet & rest of the body.

Either that or it is all placebo..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
Eric wrote:I see the patches in the chemist last week and just thought it was another gimmick, did you see the other patches for pain relief?

No not seen them

I have used reflexology in the past to good effect so there must be a connec tion between the feet & rest of the body.

Either that or it is all placebo..

The Ankle.
Al
Banished

Next

Return to Nutrition