It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Protein protein protein

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Protein protein protein

Postby fits » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm

I have noticed since my diet/training has not been great recently and I started not worrying too much about eating protein with every/most meals, and I lost stregnth fast!

I have had periods of poor diet and training before (most of the time) but i normally keep protein up to 100g per day and over. More importantly, IMO i normally make sure I have a shake for breakfast and pre/post work out. I don't have protein powder so just been have some milk. and i think this has made a big difference.

i know there are some guys on here that don't think amounts of protein are important, but would you say 'timing' of protein is vital?
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Over to tak for some insightful words on nutrition
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Over to tak for some insightful words on nutrition

lol what about you? I have my own theories, I have done a fair amount of reading and testing.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 pm

fits wrote: lol what about you? I have my own theories, I have done a fair amount of reading and testing.

According to some people I can`t have theories :lol:

Or I just copy & paste em all from other sources :roll: :lol:

TBH I was reading something yesterday (glancing) and there had just been some recent studies done that showed that having a protein & carb shake during & after a workout made a big difference in muscle recuperation. Small study so apparently they were going to be running some larger ones to clarify everything.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:45 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
fits wrote: lol what about you? I have my own theories, I have done a fair amount of reading and testing.

According to some people I can`t have theories :lol:

Or I just copy & paste em all from other sources :roll: :lol:

TBH I was reading something yesterday (glancing) and there had just been some recent studies done that showed that having a protein & carb shake during & after a workout made a big difference in muscle recuperation. Small study so apparently they were going to be running some larger ones to clarify everything.

I have read loads of studies that have proven that same thing. Most actually are articles in MD that claim to be studies, I used to trust that mag as it always seemed to be like it said it was NO BULL but these days there are more adverts than articles! same as any other 'muscle mag'

With the exception of the Rambling freak, his colum makes me laugh every month and there are a few on there that seem to really know their stuff when it comes to diet/nutrition most noticeably the anabolic freak.........Dave Palumbo
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Re: Protein protein protein

Postby kong » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:49 pm

If you train like a body builder you would need more protein because the objective is to rip the muscles and then heal them. But if you train to conditon yourself even with weights you won't need too much protein. In my opinion meat should not be the center meal, it should be a side dish to vegetables in order to give taste to the food. I don't drink cow milk; what I do Is make seed milks to make smoothies.
kong
Helot
Helot

Re: Protein protein protein

Postby samurai69 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 am

look at the diets of the old time strongman..............meat, particularly BEEF was very high on the list of foods

now i have my own theories on the palio style diet (my own variation of this), which you can hear all about if you buy our "soon to be released" DVD

/
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Return to Nutrition