It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:27 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

eggs n bacon

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

eggs n bacon

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 am

how come every time there is an obesity story running on the news, you know the ones where they show clips of fat people from the waist down (..is one of them you!!) they also have a close up of some bloke tucking into eggs and bacon?

Is it just a case of those two foods being linked (in the average persons mind) to greasy fry ups with shitty oil and plenty of it or are these foods somehow unhealthy?

It reminds me of an argument I read on muscletalk years ago when a couple of guys had a go at someone coz he ate fried eggs, they slagged him off and said he should make an omlette out of the eggs instead! they didnt seem to grasp that the eggs would still be cooked the same way.
I eat more eggs than Im suppose to according to mainstream views and I also eat the healthy living bacon (no tail of fat on it and lower salt). so am I just a big fat heart attack waiting to happen :shock: :?:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:26 am

I think its as you said, people just associate egg and bacon with a big greasy 'fry up'

Try buying the Omega enriched eggs. They feed the birds on see like they are supposed to eat rather than corn (flax seed i think) so they end up being pretty dam healty. a for bacon......the bad fats are one thing thats not too good but i think its the type of meat it is too, processed.

I'm starting to think more and more along the lines of the less we mess with meat the healthier it is. Kill it, cook it eat it.

Saying that, will I stop eating bacon? no fucking way!!!! just dont eat it every day!
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:33 am

They can`t show the real foods that cause the problem becuase that would be advertising the chocolates & drinks etc and the companies would sue
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:36 am

I did notice that switching from the cheap eggs to free range that the yolks are so much more yellow. Havent tried the omega ones yet.
Shit that you pay double for free range eggs compared to the value ones, that gets right on my tits being the tight arse I am.

so there maybe a case with the bacon then, due to it being processed?

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 am

Scott wrote:I did notice that switching from the cheap eggs to free range that the yolks are so much more yellow. Havent tried the omega ones yet.
Shit that you pay double for free range eggs compared to the value ones, that gets right on my tits being the tight arse I am.

yeah, I have read articles in MD and in the paper about BACON GIVES YOU CANCER - basically any processed meat isn't meant to be particularly good for you, same with 'smoked' foods. I think, like always it comes down to 'everything in moderation' aaaah old nan is a wise old girl ;-)

IMO bacon a couple of times per week is not going to do much harm, especially if your taking your fish oils, evening primrose oils, and eating fish, fruit veg etc. it's all about balance.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby fits » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 am

oh and its strange, other people have said to me how the free range eggs were lighter....i always thought they were darker orange!
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Al » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:49 am

Free range darker I've found. The old woman that used to live across from me sold her eggs, or rather her chickens eggs. they just used to potter about in an enclosure with pleanty of grass. The chickens not the eggs. Very tasty indeed, not these anaemic (sp) ones you sometimes buy. I bought her old chicken sheds when she moved and converted one into The Dog House. I sometimes call upon the Power Of The Chicken.
Cookies right. The shit they sell as a breakfast in a box should be made illegal. Bring back raw cattle blood and oats.
Al
Banished

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:21 pm

kellogs should be disbanded and shot for starters. Fuckin evil bastard of a company. Lying, evil, tossers. the rest of the breakfast cereal brigade are about as bad.
their products are full of shit and their advertising is full of shit.

oh and kelly holmes as well...... sell out. I used to like her until I saw her whoring herself for kellogs 'implying' (but not saying) that by not giving their breakfast candy to your kids was going to fuck up their lives :roll:
the worst part is that she knows thats a load of shite.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby firebear369 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Al wrote:Free range darker I've found. The old woman that used to live across from me sold her eggs, or rather her chickens eggs. they just used to potter about in an enclosure with pleanty of grass. The chickens not the eggs. Very tasty indeed, not these anaemic (sp) ones you sometimes buy. I bought her old chicken sheds when she moved and converted one into The Dog House. I sometimes call upon the Power Of The Chicken.
Cookies right. The shit they sell as a breakfast in a box should be made illegal. Bring back raw cattle blood and oats.

How many of THESE eggs did it take for an omlete???? :shock:
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Al » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:48 pm

12 a year
Al
Banished

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Scott wrote:I did notice that switching from the cheap eggs to free range that the yolks are so much more yellow. Havent tried the omega ones yet.

Do what i do mate, tip out the value eggs and stick in the good ones :lol: Fuckem they make to much money lol
"go out in flames,don't go out any other way!"
Eric
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Eric wrote:Do what i do mate, tip out the value eggs and stick in the good ones :lol: Fuckem they make to much money lol

LOL! you dont do that do ya!
Thats a brilliant idea. :lol: dunno if I could stand there in tesco switching eggs...... maybe though ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Next

Return to Nutrition