It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:45 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

The Warrior Diet & SPARTAN Health Regime

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:50 pm

denisa wrote:For Warrior Diet is Not Problem. But for SHR.
I cant use Paypal beacuse my Account was locked and BTW i j+have deleted it today so i will never use this stupid American PayPal again! :evil:

Thats why i ask if somebody could sell it to me...

Thats why I said ask a friend who might have a paypal account to buy it for you if possible.

Or maybe se if it is available on ebay
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby kong » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:51 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Hi,

Both diets run along the theme of natural foods & healthy exercise programs.

Main difference is that with te warrior diet you mainly only eat once per day & you eat as much as you feel you can but eat foods in a certain order due to digestion times.

If you want the SHR why not email Bova directly and tell him that you can`t use paypal & see if you can buy it direct from him another way?

Eat once per day? how does that work? could you at least put an example how you do it?
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 pm

kong wrote: Eat once per day? how does that work? could you at least put an example how you do it?

Simple really,

You have the odd *graze* through the day then *feast* at the end of the day.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby firebear369 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:16 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:
kong wrote: Eat once per day? how does that work? could you at least put an example how you do it?

Simple really,

I'm thinking that wouldn't be a great plan for people trying to dump a lot of weight??
nosce te ipsum
firebear369
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:22 pm

The author seems to thuink so

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby kong » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:01 pm

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:

Simple really,

So that means that you eat grass during the day and when night times come you eat all you whant.

If you eat that much before going to sleep woulden't you get fat?
Have you tried it?

What effect does it have?
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby denisa » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:14 pm

To get fat at night is YES and NO. It depends how you eat and what you eat... is simple. :grin:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:25 pm

during the day you are suposed to be burning a bunch of calories because of all the chewing and the low calories of the grass.

When night time comes you eat a bunch of food to get all the nutrients.
My recomendation whould be to eat four hours before going to bed to avoid getting fat. If you eat too much before going to bed you risk getting fat because of taking so much calories and then not using them.
Afcourse it could work as a refill or something.

The practice of this could also help in reminding the body to chew the food properly.

I wonder if this diet works with training?
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby denisa » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Kong tnx for advice. :grin:

I think that this diet is not for "training" ... Because greeks have eaten 3x per day. So that tells you something... But in the end... do some experiment and you will see. :smile:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:37 pm

I am going to experiment with it today, I took a pinch of grass from the park today washed it in the founten and then masticated it. Although it was only a pinch it took some time to masticate.

I figured that it is more harmfull to eat junk food and some people think that is good for health to go without food for a day and only drink water.

My plan is to relax during the day, masticate grass,(From the pinch of grass I ate I can say that you preaty much only have to concentrate on masticating since it goes right in when its ready)and when night time comes i'm thinking of doing some yoga postures and then eating.

From the pinch of grass I ate this seems really similar to the 5 calorie gum they sell you in the store, I mean the real benefit comes from masticating to burn calories and chewing to keep you from getting hungry.
Afcourse you have to consider that maybe there is something for the teeth in the diet. From what iv'e heard it is sead that whith his recomendations you might not have to go to the dentist again.

I will keep you informe on how it goes. btw how long is the diet suposed to be maintained?
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:02 pm

I was just re-reading and I was wondering if Warrior Diet & SHR were written by different authors? Because the rumore that I heard about the teeth came from Anthony Bova's book.
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 pm

where did all this grass eating malarky come from?

:shock:

not from this reply was it? Im sure cookie wasnt refering to actually grazing on grass like a dashing antelope ;-)
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition