It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:49 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

The Warrior Diet & SPARTAN Health Regime

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kong » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:26 pm

Im not sure is bad. You actually don't get that hungry during the day so it's not that much a problem. Actually after masticating it for a few seconds you don't feel hungry and it's only a matter of time and then you don't really mind the taste. The taste actually goes away.

But from what I have seen its almost imposible to eat too much.
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:54 pm

I actually don't mind doing this kind of experiment whith plants.
A long time ago I was experimenthing with a bunch of food to see what kind of effect they would have on me. I did one with spinach.
I ate only spinach for around two weeks only drink water and maybe a little juice once in a while. My training was kept at normal level kerrying heavy weights around. I felt like I was going to die from the Fever I got.

You can actually eat a bunch of spinach and nothing bad will happen. The only way it can really hurt you is if it is the only thing you eat. Eating Spinach raw is the best and that way it tastes like lefes. cooked they don't taste that good.

As far as the grass goes, I don't think its that dangerous and you take away hunger just by masticating it. And the only way to know if it's good or bad is by trying it.
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby denisa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:16 am

"I was just re-reading and I was wondering if Warrior Diet & SHR were written by different authors? Because the rumore that I heard about the teeth came from Anthony Bova's book."

Warrior Diet - Ori Hofmekler
Spartan Health Regime - Anthony Bova

Now you see. :grin:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby denisa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 am

kong wrote:I actually don't mind doing this kind of experiment whith plants.
A long time ago I was experimenthing with a bunch of food to see what kind of effect they would have on me. I did one with spinach.
I ate only spinach for around two weeks only drink water and maybe a little juice once in a while. My training was kept at normal level kerrying heavy weights around. I felt like I was going to die from the Fever I got.

You can actually eat a bunch of spinach and nothing bad will happen. The only way it can really hurt you is if it is the only thing you eat. Eating Spinach raw is the best and that way it tastes like lefes. cooked they don't taste that good.

As far as the grass goes, I don't think its that dangerous and you take away hunger just by masticating it. And the only way to know if it's good or bad is by trying it.

What you recommend me for Detox? Because i must really go to diet first and then change my whole lifestyle. :???:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby Al » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:05 am

This is really interesting.
Al
Banished

Postby denisa » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:55 am

BTW information about teeth is true. Because Bones are living organ... so if you start eating healthy and organic food (of course properly combined) your teeth will start regenerating. :smile:

Anthony Bova writes in his book that in ancient Egypt they have always check Slaves teeth. If Slave were having WHITE and STRONG teeth that has meant that he is healthy and useful. :grin:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:53 pm

Detox means that you mainly eat good food and you take away the bad stuff or preaty much anything that goes hard on the metabolism such as alcohol and caffeine. I myself don't drink coffe or alcoholic drinks(When I go to my Grandparents one's or twice i'll drink coffe with milk but thats the only time) so that diet doesn't seem cruel to me.

But it also looks like you can't put any sugar or salt on food so you might whant to find food that has a little of both. That diet restricst a bunch of things and it might become complicated so I whould consentrate on a YOGA like diet.(Its simpler since it tells you what you can eat)

The good thing about detox is that it concentrates on raw food of vegetables and fruit which I already do most of the time.
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:20 pm

About the experiment I think I already know how it works so im going stop. Ill start by saying that you can train hard that day but it has to be at night when you have the chance to eat. The weight loss has to do with the matter that the calories taken before and after exercise are almost completely free and since the only thing you ate during the day were pinches of grass you burn a bunch of calories. From what I saw I do think mastcating grass is good for teeth.

Once you masticate the grass for a little while it tastes like Cilantro or Oregano not sure which but anyway the hardest thing is to put it in your mouth because is all over the place, but once you masticate, it becomes a little more natural. I never noticed there is all kind of the different types of grass in the ground, along with little lefes.

If anyone tries it I recomend having some juice with you such as V8 or some other natural juice.

As long as you wash the grass there is nothing bad in eating a little bit but the diet in its own its not for the long run. I only tried it a day but that diet should probably only be taken for four days since I doubt anyone could take good inof amount of nutrients for more than that many days.

Adding natural juice to that diet would make it better in my oppinion.
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby denisa » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 am

So you have actualy tried SHR and Warrior Diet? :???:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:27 pm

I have tried the Diet of eating grass during the day and eating a lot during the night(I think that one is from warrior diet), I haven't actually tried the SHR but thinking about doing it in the future.

Preaty much the diet is about eating everything raw without cooking.
That includes eggs and even meat.

In the Chinese culture there is a way of cooking in which you cook the food in a few seconds and it doesen't kill the nutrients but it tastes like if it were cooked because it was cooked.
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby denisa » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Nice... But! I Rather eat Fruits than grass... :shock:
But if you like it... then eat it. :idea:
denisa
Helot
Helot

Postby kong » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Don't forget about vegetables. btw are you planing on doing the SHR, after all you were asking about buying the book.
kong
Helot
Helot

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition