It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Protein - More Is Not Always Better?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Protein - More Is Not Always Better?

Postby Takmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 pm

kong wrote:Today is the first time I have been in the internet for a long time. Like
the new look of the forum :grin:

Businness man just want to make money and tell you to eat tons of meat and other products,
suposedly to help you get better results. They tell you all this horror stories about protein deficiency and a bunch of other stuff to get the public to buy their products.

The truth is that to build protein you need amino acids.Your body makes protein and when you eat cow meat or any oder kind of meat your body has to break down the protein back to its natural acids so that your body can make protein out of them.

Think about the strongest animals on earth, and think of what they eat.
Most of them eat plants not meat. The Elephant, The gorilla, The Bull, and the horse are only examples of the strongest animals that don't eat meat and suffer no protein defficiency.

You seem to have missed out a fundamental evolutionary step here. How much intellegence does it take to sneak up on a plant? Also those animals have to eat massive amounts and have specific digestive systems to deal with all of the cellulose based matter that we no longer have.

Even the lion has to rest and sleep greatperiod of time to make the protein from the animal he eats correct for him.

If you eat fruit and vegetables you'll consume the necessary amino acids to form protein.

no don't really agree with that.

Eating fish like salmond is a good idea because fish are very healthy because of the plants they eat in the ocean.

I didn't realise they ate plants? They eat insects, crustations, each other and other fish don't they?
Donkeys are cooler than most people realise
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Takmaster » Wed May 06, 2009 2:25 pm

kong wrote:As I was saying, you have to use your logic. So far the only system that I have seen on tv that makes sance would be P90x.

For eating healthy a good rule would be that if something smells really bad you should't eat it. My reason is that if something smells really bad in your kitchen then it will smell bad in your stomich and intestines.

There is a reason why I would vote against meat: If you leave chicken out of the refrigirator for one night it will go bad and in my point of view I am not sure if it is safe in the long run to be eating dead animals;eitherway, if you do eat dead animals you should at the very least chew it very well.

Thats why we evolved to eat things there and then after hunting it and killing it. This would be an argument for the pros and cons of preserving food? Not eating meat?

Can you imagine how much food we would have to eat if we were to follow the daily intake recomended.

people that know logic, know that line to be true, and that type of people are the same people that created suplements. I want to make clear that I think that if you are truly healthy you don't need suplements, but if you are of those people that want to eat junk, or microwave food and don't care what kind or in which combinations the food is eaten; then you should deffinetely use supplements.

Too much protein, too much fat, too much carbohydrates, too much anything and you will have to pay for it.
Donkeys are cooler than most people realise
Takmaster
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu May 07, 2009 2:52 pm

kong wrote:As I was saying, you have to use your logic. So far the only system that I have seen on tv that makes sance would be P90x.

Thats why we won`t be selling our system on the TV, the coauch potatos of this world wouldn`t get it. As for the P90x system, its just rehashed to look funky & weekend warriorish to bring in those gullable to fall for the *train to the max* mode.

For eating healthy a good rule would be that if something smells really bad you should't eat it. My reason is that if something smells really bad in your kitchen then it will smell bad in your stomich and intestines.

Gorgonzola cheese smells bad but tastes ooooh so yummy

There is a reason why I would vote against meat: If you leave chicken out of the refrigirator for one night it will go bad and in my point of view I am not sure if it is safe in the long run to be eating dead animals;eitherway, if you do eat dead animals you should at the very least chew it very well.

That stands to reason BUT if you put eggs into the refridgerator they go off faster than if stored in a cool dark place.

Can you imagine how much food we would have to eat if we were to follow the daily intake recomended.

1500-2500 kcal per day isn`t that much food if you have a varied selection of all the food groups in there, especially good fat sources

people that know logic, know that line to be true, and that type of people are the same people that created suplements. I want to make clear that I think that if you are truly healthy you don't need suplements, but if you are of those people that want to eat junk, or microwave food and don't care what kind or in which combinations the food is eaten; then you should deffinetely use supplements.

Supplements are just that, to supplement were any *possible deficencies maybe present* through intense exercise, illness, limited food sources etc.

Too much protein, too much fat, too much carbohydrates, too much anything and you will have to pay for it.

Too much water & you die, all it takes is a little common sense & to keep gluttony at bay.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Al » Fri May 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Attachments
63%20Tasty%20Murder.jpg
63%20Tasty%20Murder.jpg (53.38 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
Al
Banished

Postby kong » Tue May 12, 2009 10:12 pm

It seem everyone has heard of the cave man theory. The cave man theory says that if you don't eat for a surtain amount of time and you manitain yourself active you will absorbe nutrients better.

since i've been comaparing humans to prmates; I will know compare humans to baboons.
Baboons are primates that eat plants, but when they fell like it they eat rabbits or other small animals. We are adapted to eat both plant and flesh, but I think you should eat meat in moderation.

Some time ago there was a research about people that lived more that one hundredth years in Russia. To make it short; the reason was that they ate a yogourt that had a germ that healped clean the intestines. Food creates toxins in the body that must be cleaned and flesh puts a lot more than plants.That is the reason why I recomend to masticate food very well specially flesh.

Takmaster if buy fourty books; twenty will say that I am correct and twenty will say that i'm wrong about fruit and vegetables being inof to make protein. Use your logic and experiment so that you can decide what is best for your body.

Yestorday at night I ate four eggs and today I decided to fast and only drink water.
For my exercises I think I'll do isometric exercises like the worrior pose and the abb weel exercise with a piece of paper for isotonic. Being on a fast is no excuse to stop training. :smile:
kong
Helot
Helot

Postby Al » Sat May 23, 2009 6:41 am

Hippity hoppity:

http://twitpic.com/5r29i
Al
Banished

Postby samurai69 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:22 am

Why compare??

we are similar................THATS IT!!!

NOT THE SAME!!
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Previous

Return to Nutrition