It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

meal frequency?

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

meal frequency?

Postby lux » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:35 pm

Like most of you i've played around with all sorts for meal timings.
Mainly around 3 hours but when needing more cals then as little as 2-2.5 hrs. With my more relaxed approach i've just ate every 4 hours and maybe 4-5 whole food meals a day, very rarely had pwo shake.

But now i'm starting to lower my times back down to 3 hours and using same volume of food, but over more meal times.

So whats your views on frequency of meals?

Does it really matter too much as long as you get your daily calorie needs? Or too big a meal not getting food digested properly?
Chads new disciple
lux
Helot
Helot

Re: meal frequency?

Postby Scott » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:43 pm

I still favour the 3 hour approach on the whole. I just tend to eat smaller meals when dieting. which has worked out lately. I like to finish the meal and still feel hungry.

for me, the size of the meal is more important than overall calories. I wouldnt want to be eating huge meals just to hit a calorie total but then again Ive never 'bulked'.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby steve1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:05 pm

im eating every 4 hours at the moment i dont eat till im full or bloated i just judge one meal by the other if im not satisfied after one meal ill just up the next one a little or ill have a protein shake in between i have a bug bowl of oats with protein powder for breakfast that satisfies me for a good few hours so meal two isnt usualy to big
i havnt realy seen much difference eating every 2 or 4 hours but i have come to realise that i dont need as much food as i thought i did
steve1
Neodamodeis
Neodamodeis

Postby fits » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:44 pm

It seem that for dieting little often seems to be best. I like 6 but actually really struggle (when i don't plan in advance) to get 6 meals in.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Oughtboy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 pm

lol i used to have 2 meals a day, and that was how i got fat, so now i usually have 5 eating sessions a day, but sometimes the time just gets away and i've missed one, which is bad.
Oughtboy
Helot
Helot

Return to Nutrition