Change font size

Nutrition

Anti estrogen

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Anti estrogen

Postby fits » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Hey

any one done any reading on controlling Estrogen with nutirents?

part of Poliquins bio sinature thing, is he likes to control hormones with supplements and nutrition. he has a way of measuring skin folds in 11 places on the body. Certain areas with fat accumilation are said to show hormne inbalances. Fat around the chest area for men is said to be excess estrogen. around the belly - cortisol problems. etc. it can aparently be an indication of future health problems,

It interests me as i have always held fat (and seem to gain muscle fairly fast) around the chest/peck area. When I was about 15 i went to the doctors askign about gyno as i had taken a suppliment i had not known exactly what it was lol it was........ a pump product i think, loking back it made me flush red so i think it was a niacin product, but I done some reading and went to the doctor!!!

any way, Poliquin suggests lots of Broccli and cauliflower for their anti estrogen effects.

anyone know much about this?
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Re: Anti estrogen

Postby Cookie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:35 am

Broc & cauli have been pushed for years as good ways for men to keep estrogen under wraps.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:43 am

ONE SMART COOKIE wrote:Broc & cauli have been pushed for years as good ways for men to keep estrogen under wraps.

I can't remember hearing it myself although it may just be that i never took notice as im sure Rob proably usd them both in his diatia partly for that reason, I can't imagine him missing out on using that as a reason.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby fits » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Done a fair amount of reading on this now. I would love to fit in more Brocli, Cauli, Brussels, etc. I have a list of herbs spices and foods that help to remove excess estrogens front he body, and basically they are all the healthy fruits and veg! Ill post up the list in my section .
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:47 pm

fits wrote:Done a fair amount of reading on this now. I would love to fit in more Brocli, Cauli, Brussels, etc. I have a list of herbs spices and foods that help to remove excess estrogens front he body, and basically they are all the healthy fruits and veg! Ill post up the list in my section .

Cheers fits, will look it over :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Cookie wrote:
fits wrote:Done a fair amount of reading on this now. I would love to fit in more Brocli, Cauli, Brussels, etc. I have a list of herbs spices and foods that help to remove excess estrogens front he body, and basically they are all the healthy fruits and veg! Ill post up the list in my section .

Cheers fits, will look it over :grin:

No worries, It seem Diatia was ahead of the game! The more I learn the more that diet looks good. Maybe a fluke? lol
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to Nutrition