It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Trail Mix

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Trail Mix

Postby Scott » Sat May 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Last week I was about to make up a big batch of a trail mix type of thing. I thought I'd have a look on the net to see other recipes for it, maybe get an idea or whatever. anyhoo, I found one billed as a 'healthy kids trail mix recipe'.
pretzels, cheerios, butterscotch chips, m&ms, cheese crackers... then the nuts / raisins. Healthy you say :roll:

Gave that one a bodyswerve and just made my own.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Re: Trail Mix

Postby Al » Sat May 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Yuk! Asda do lot sof bags of dried fruit, nuts and berries. May be a bit expensive if you go for the exotic stuff but packed full of goodness and keeps you regular.

Alison was nearly sick last night after I let off a spicy fart under the covers. I was gagging a bit myself but manned upand let off a hot silent one against her knee when she fell asleep.
Al
Banished

Re: Trail Mix

Postby Scott » Sat May 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Al wrote:Yuk! Asda do lot sof bags of dried fruit, nuts and berries. May be a bit expensive if you go for the exotic stuff but packed full of goodness and keeps you regular.

Alison was nearly sick last night after I let off a spicy fart under the covers. I was gagging a bit myself but manned upand let off a hot silent one against her knee when she fell asleep.

LOL!

I made up my own version (nothing like the 'healthy kids one above) which worked out at just under a quid per serving but I think I could do it cheaper than that if I tried.... which I will.
Brilliant stuff. dunno why I didnt think of it before now.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Return to Nutrition