Nutrition

Joint Care

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Joint Care

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:

well if you get it, try it without changing other things so we can see if it works

when i tried tumeric, it was with all the other things so couldnt tell if it worked

the bumph sounds ok....but it does for every supp

Have used cissus before but not that brand

and how did you find it

TBH my knees have been pretty good for a while now...........one of the reasons i wanted a leg press in the gym

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 pm

samurai69 wrote:and how did you find it

TBH my knees have been pretty good for a while now...........one of the reasons i wanted a leg press in the gym

I used it when I had that bad knee injury a couple years back. Found it took a while to kick in but it did help to relieve pain & inflammation once it got going.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Cookie wrote:
samurai69 wrote:and how did you find it

I used it when I had that bad knee injury a couple years back. Found it took a while to kick in but it did help to relieve pain & inflammation once it got going.

still not sure if its worth it for me.......
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:55 am

Cissus bought, reviews have it like glucosamine & it needing time to take effect.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 pm

Cissus arrived. Will use 2-3 grams per day & see how that goes.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:46 pm

I was talking to a guy off ukmma about cissus, the same myprotein stuff I got. He mentioned that it didnt really work for him until he upped the dose to 6 caps per day (recommended 2 per day). I thought I'd give it a shot for the remainder of mine. Been on 6 caps per day now for the last week or so, if I notice the slightest reduction in noisy knees be the end of the bottle I'll get some more and do it again.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Scott wrote:I was talking to a guy off ukmma about cissus, the same myprotein stuff I got. He mentioned that it didnt really work for him until he upped the dose to 6 caps per day (recommended 2 per day). I thought I'd give it a shot for the remainder of mine. Been on 6 caps per day now for the last week or so, if I notice the slightest reduction in noisy knees be the end of the bottle I'll get some more and do it again.

if it works i am with you, need to sort out the shoulder and knees

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:54 pm

samurai69 wrote:[
if it works i am with you, need to sort out the shoulder and knees

Well he really rated it. I thought my knees sounded quieter tonight walking up the stairs but that might just be in my head. I'll know better the next squat session or the weekends murder hill run.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:13 pm

I did a test of glucosamine a few years ago, most of the pill forms despite the label were severely under-dosed and really did not do what they promised, and severely overpriced, imo. As crazy as it sounds I found the best glucosamine product, quality/freshness/effectiveness/cost, was one made for horses and other animals. Don't know if they sell it overseas, slight effects were noticed within 18 days. Obviously you need to adjust the dosages per weight. And no I never developed a taste for hay...oats yes, hay no.

http://www.absorbine.com/dealerpages/files/Absorbine_Flex_Plus_Powder_back.pdf
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:50 am

daily mail today said the old tests and results where wrong and there is no sign that glucosamine and/or chondratine help with joint pain

fuckin hypocrites

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 am

I wouldnt be totally shocked though. most vitamins claims are bullshit.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Scott what is your total dosage in grams now for the cissus?

I use glucosamine but with added cider vinegar @ 1500mg caplets & find it helps.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition