It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Joint Care

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Joint Care

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Cookie wrote:Scott what is your total dosage in grams now for the cissus?

I use glucosamine but with added cider vinegar @ 1500mg caplets & find it helps.

i only looked at the headline in the paper on my way out this morning
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Melas Zomos » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 pm

samurai69 wrote:daily mail today said the old tests and results where wrong and there is no sign that glucosamine and/or chondratine help with joint pain

fuckin hypocrites

I would have to dispute that. As for chondroitan, I might agree, never really saw anything from that. However the glucosamine supplement I referred to I felt worked. A few of my friends who do marathons and such use it and swear by it. I think it all comes down to quality and dosage. A lot of supplement companies buy near expired raw materials and then repackage it. Once they repackage it gets a whole new expiration date + many are severely under dosed.
I would love someone else (skeptic) to give the flex + a go if you can get it. Hey it works for horses, dogs, cats, and I am pretty sure the placebo effect does not work on them :mrgreen:

As far as Cissus, I feel this works too. Dosage and timing appears to be important. Though I am not done experimenting with it yet, it appears that it too might have to be cycled as the initial effects were outstanding, but several months in without a break I felt it was not quite as effective. When I go back on I will be sure to update to see if that is the case.

Tumeric: Been playing around with the pills for a few weeks. Not really seeing the effects on joints, to be honest did not buy it as a joint supplement, getting ready to double the dosage. (I tend to start low and then add)
The formula I have contains 200mg of curcuminoids. I am thinking this number needs to be taken to at least 400mg if not 600+ and of course seems to be weight based if used for joint function.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:38 pm

well i remember all the tests being positive when they first brought out the glucosamine...........proper medical tests and a fair few too......all positive

i mucked about with different dosages and it probably helped me a fair bit, though it did take a wile before i noticed anything

i to am not sure with the chondratin as it seems to be mixed with the glucosamine

as far as the cissus what sort of timings/dosages ............. its something i havent tried but certainly would if it helped

tumeric i tried at the same time as the glucosamine.......so cant be 100% but i felt it helped.......but i use it a lot in curries and lots of it

Melas Zomos wrote:
samurai69 wrote:daily mail today said the old tests and results where wrong and there is no sign that glucosamine and/or chondratine help with joint pain

fuckin hypocrites

I would have to dispute that. As for chondroitan, I might agree, never really saw anything from that. However the glucosamine supplement I referred to I felt worked. A few of my friends who do marathons and such use it and swear by it. I think it all comes down to quality and dosage. A lot of supplement companies buy near expired raw materials and then repackage it. Once they repackage it gets a whole new expiration date + many are severely under dosed.
I would love someone else (skeptic) to give the flex + a go if you can get it. Hey it works for horses, dogs, cats, and I am pretty sure the placebo effect does not work on them :mrgreen:

As far as Cissus, I feel this works too. Dosage and timing appears to be important. Though I am not done experimenting with it yet, it appears that it too might have to be cycled as the initial effects were outstanding, but several months in without a break I felt it was not quite as effective. When I go back on I will be sure to update to see if that is the case.

Tumeric: Been playing around with the pills for a few weeks. Not really seeing the effects on joints, to be honest did not buy it as a joint supplement, getting ready to double the dosage. (I tend to start low and then add)
The formula I have contains 200mg of curcuminoids. I am thinking this number needs to be taken to at least 400mg if not 600+ and of course seems to be weight based if used for joint function.
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Cookie wrote:Scott what is your total dosage in grams now for the cissus?

2400mg daily.

Melas Zomos wrote:I think it all comes down to quality and dosage.

I agree with that. Dosage, quality and synergy are all factors. There are so many supps that are just plain under dosing because its cost effective.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:49 pm

First time I ever took Cissus I din`t like it, made me feel light headed & sick. Second time (few months back) it seemed to work a treat BUT the biggest thing I noticed was an increase in strength rather than a pure all out joint healer. This third tub does not seem to be as effective as the last one even though they are both the same brand.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 pm

its supposed to be good for strength as well. Thats basically what the guys on ukmma were taking it for.
Have you thought about increasing the dose?
Im probably going to get another tub and try the lot at 6 caps per day.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Scott wrote:its supposed to be good for strength as well. Thats basically what the guys on ukmma were taking it for.
Have you thought about increasing the dose?
Im probably going to get another tub and try the lot at 6 caps per day.

Upped dose this week to 4 level 1/8 tspn/0.6ml twice a day which works out at 5 grams. Noticed I can`t take it at bedtime as suggested to reduce cortisol levels as it keeps me awake or disturbs my sleep.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:42 pm

what type of cissus are you using?

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Scott wrote:what type of cissus are you using?

Loose powder from bulkpowders I think

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Cookie wrote:
Loose powder from bulkpowders I think

its bloody expensive when you increase the dose aint it :shock:

whats you thoughts on this stuff?

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Scott wrote:its bloody expensive when you increase the dose aint it :shock:

Just a bit

whats you thoughts on this stuff?

Looks like they are throwing the kitchen sink in there as well :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Cookie wrote:Looks like they are throwing the kitchen sink in there as well :lol:

more towards the muscle side than straight up joint support I suppose. not a lot of actual cissus in there per serving, although I read of good results at 3 per day, its still lower then what Im on (and you) of just cissus.
Im inbetween this stuff or another batch of just cissus, maybe the bulkpowders stuff youre using.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition