It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Joint Care

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Joint Care

Postby Melas Zomos » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:31 pm

With cissus I found that 1600mg 3x a day worked best for me. The total mg a day would vary depending on weight I would assume. I am at 215lbs. I did not run any other joint care type of products with it at the time, only ice :mrgreen:

The problem with a lot of these supplements that contain multiple herbs, at least over here, is they call it a "proprietary blend" which allows the manufacturer to not list the exact amount of each ingredient, just that they are in there so it is tough to nail down doses and what is working and what not.

I did not know about the strength part of Cissus :-k I will pay closer attention when I decide to start it up again.

As far as negatives, the only one I found was if I took an evening dose before bed it would disrupt my sleeping too, but in the form of an acidic stomach. Just altered the dosage times and was cool after that.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:41 pm

well if i mix it with anything else i will not get a blend, but separate caps
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 am

Melas Zomos wrote:With cissus I found that 1600mg 3x a day worked best for me. The total mg a day would vary depending on weight I would assume. I am at 215lbs. I did not run any other joint care type of products with it at the time, only ice :mrgreen:

I`m a little lighter than you & on roughly same amount at the moment but on first run through with this batch I was about half I am on now, so defo a case for cycling the product quite frequently.

The problem with a lot of these supplements that contain multiple herbs, at least over here, is they call it a "proprietary blend" which allows the manufacturer to not list the exact amount of each ingredient, just that they are in there so it is tough to nail down doses and what is working and what not.

Oh I love the term "proprietary blend" noticed this a lot in American supplements & was always a little sceptical of their reluctance to give full details of amounts to each ingredient.

I did not know about the strength part of Cissus :-k I will pay closer attention when I decide to start it up again.

I started it just as I was going into a heavy training phase & was pleasantly surprised to see a few extra pounds go on the bar even though in myself I didn`t expect to be progressing at that point.

As far as negatives, the only one I found was if I took an evening dose before bed it would disrupt my sleeping too, but in the form of an acidic stomach. Just altered the dosage times and was cool after that.

No stomach issues just restlessness & I noticed it first time but nailed it down to the Cissus during the first couple of doses this time around.

Have another companies supplement in mind for the joints once the Cissus is finished & will post more details then.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Another approach might be to find one of these gh boosters that work and attack it that way.
I have a feeling this might be the most expensive route, but it seems like the industry is starting to come up with products that may just work. The only problem is finding one that works and then shelling out the $$ for a long term trial.
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby samurai69 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Another approach might be to find one of these gh boosters that work and attack it that way.
I have a feeling this might be the most expensive route, but it seems like the industry is starting to come up with products that may just work. The only problem is finding one that works and then shelling out the $$ for a long term trial.

yeh exactly

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Previous

Return to Nutrition