Change font size

Nutrition

tribulus terrestris

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

tribulus terrestris

Postby dunster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:17 pm

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... p?pid=1104

ok, i got my order of other bullshit products that i normally buy and found a tub of this in there, i think by mistake because there was no "free gift" stated on the invoice or anything. ive read up on the internet and general consensus is that they're a load of rubbish and i think they're basically meant for old men to get boners, but the man on the bottle has big muscles so i was thinking of eating them anyway. they're advertised as basically testosterone pills and make themselves out to be legal steroids if you read between the lines. what is peoples opinions? i dont really expect anyone to say anything positive to be honest, but surely they cant kill me either?
dunster
Lochagos
Lochagos

Re: tribulus terrestris

Postby Cookie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:01 pm

dunster wrote:http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1104

ok, i got my order of other bullshit products that i normally buy and found a tub of this in there, i think by mistake because there was no "free gift" stated on the invoice or anything. ive read up on the internet and general consensus is that they're a load of rubbish and i think they're basically meant for old men to get boners, but the man on the bottle has big muscles so i was thinking of eating them anyway. they're advertised as basically testosterone pills and make themselves out to be legal steroids if you read between the lines. what is peoples opinions? i dont really expect anyone to say anything positive to be honest, but surely they cant kill me either?

I used to like it & I know a lot of other guys with more knowledge than me could quite easily say why it doesn`t work etc etc.

What I found was that if I doubled/trebled the dose it worked a treat.

Placeabo :-k
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cheesedog » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:43 am

I tried it years ago and got nothing from it a far as I could tell. Maybe I should have tripled the dose!
Spartan is the attitude, not your birthplace.
Cheesedog
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Cheesedog wrote:I tried it years ago and got nothing from it a far as I could tell. Maybe I should have tripled the dose!

A supplement manufacturer once told me that to get the best from it the dose should be at least doubled what it said on any tub.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby dunster » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:42 pm

well it said between 1 and 3 a day, ive been taking 3. no idea if its really helping or not (as you would expect after only a couple of days) but i have been doing much more by way of weights as a result, so i guess in a way its working
dunster
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:37 pm

dunster wrote:well it said between 1 and 3 a day, ive been taking 3. no idea if its really helping or not (as you would expect after only a couple of days) but i have been doing much more by way of weights as a result, so i guess in a way its working

Give a week then double dose..imho..

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:21 am

I used stuff before that cookie recommended and took the does he said, all before bed if i remember rightly, Not sure if it helped with strength but i am sure i had a better sense of 'well being' (can't remember 100% though, it was a few years ago) but i remember DEFINITELY having the horn big time! like being a young teen having inappropriate hard on whilst using!
:oops:
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to Nutrition