It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:25 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Fasting

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Fasting

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:07 am

I know Al has done some fasting (intermittent) in the past, has any one else?

Two reads on it

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-i ... t-fasting/

http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2008/2/ ... rt-part-i/
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Fasting

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:10 am

wouldnt really say its something Ive done 100%. occasionally played around with the 15 hour type fast but in general Ive been concerned with lowering the metabolism too much to really give it a proper try.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby fits » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 am

My and my girlfried done a 5 day fast ....last year i january. I done it because I have always had digestio nproblems and bowl probs so thought this would be a good way to clean out and rest my system. It was tough, first 2 days then got easier. Helped I think, Definately help deb, she has some issues going on (for abotu two years) with yeast, and since then, no more problems. She does also watch certai foods that she eats now too, but she feels that the fast helped loads.

I done the detox o the NSP site. You have 10 amino acid tablets 3 x day 1x multivit and min tab, and im sure there was somethign else to help you crap, can't remember though, and all the fresh juice you like.
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Bumping an old one on fasting Intermittent).

This type seems to be taking off again.

PDF attached.
Attachments
The_Leangains_Approach_Final.pdf
(232.79 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Just lightly skimmed through. Its something i wanted to try before but nev er got to it. I keep thinking i will do at least one 16 hour fast per week as even that has shown to have bennefits. Might give it a go. I would like to see some one try this to a T but if you have a hectic life/stress going on I would think you have to be careful.

Any one done this already or anything close to it?
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Tue May 01, 2012 4:12 pm

fits wrote:Just lightly skimmed through. Its something i wanted to try before but nev er got to it. I keep thinking i will do at least one 16 hour fast per week as even that has shown to have bennefits. Might give it a go. I would like to see some one try this to a T but if you have a hectic life/stress going on I would think you have to be careful.

Any one done this already or anything close to it?

Tried fasting type eating a few times. Bit tricky for me because of my job & the amount of time I'm on my feet. Found I couldn't get enough calories in me when I was suppose to eat. And training wasn't the best even though I can quite happily go out running on empty any day of the week 7 have done for years.

Did the intermittent fasting thing via Art DeVany a few years back & it was working but I was taking in a decent amount of coffee to keep me going.

I think the fasting style stuff works a lot easier for those with quite sedentary jobs.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 pm

I think you are right.

I like the idea of it from time to time, and i may still do a one day a week 16 hour fast followed by a light food/juice for the remaining days, makes allot of sense to rest the body from time to time but training lots. I like the lean gains read though.
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 pm

fits wrote:I think you are right.

I like the idea of it from time to time, and i may still do a one day a week 16 hour fast followed by a light food/juice for the remaining days, makes allot of sense to rest the body from time to time but training lots. I like the lean gains read though.

I need to reread that PDF because its been a bit since I tried the Lean Gains approach.

Considering going back to having Sunday's as a water & lemon fast like I used to do.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Wed May 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Cookie wrote:
fits wrote:I think you are right.

I need to reread that PDF because its been a bit since I tried the Lean Gains approach.

Considering going back to having Sunday's as a water & lemon fast like I used to do.

Be carfull. I think with your job/kids/training you might do yourself a mischief
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Cookie » Thu May 03, 2012 5:13 pm

fits wrote:Be carfull. I think with your job/kids/training you might do yourself a mischief

Sunday is a designated rest day so I should be fine with just spending the first 2-3 hours upon waking just drinking warm water & lemon juice to help flush me out a little & re-hydrate a bit more.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu May 03, 2012 5:20 pm

could start after a big feed saturday straight after work then a fast through until late sunday like that then
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 am

samurai69 wrote:could start after a big feed saturday straight after work then a fast through until late sunday like that then

That's what I used to do. Nice size meal about 3-4 hours before bed then nothing till about 12-16 afterwards other than water.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Return to Nutrition