Change font size

Nutrition

green tea caps

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

green tea caps

Postby Scott » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:15 am

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tab ... a-extract/

does this look any good? mega green tea extract, each cap provides the equivalent of between 8 and 9 cups of green tea.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Re: green tea caps

Postby Oughtboy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 am

i try and drink as much green tea as i can, 2 - 3 cups a day is all i manage though.

i never even thought it'd come in a capsule, ill ask my wife what she knows about it, she's worked in the pharmacy industry for 7 years, she should know something :mrgreen:
Oughtboy
Helot
Helot

Postby Cookie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 am

Scott wrote:http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tablets-softgels/health-and-well-being/mega-green-tea-extract/

does this look any good? mega green tea extract, each cap provides the equivalent of between 8 and 9 cups of green tea.

Can`t comment on the capsules but I do like the tea :grin:

Noticed it does give you a lift but not in the same jittery sense as coffee does
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Oughtboy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 am

i rang the ol' ball and chain, she said that green tea has all those benefits that the website states, but she hasn't had anything to do with the mega caps, she's only ever had the 2-3 doses per capsule sorts in the pharmacys she has worked at, but she said it couldn't do any harm trying it, as long as thats all the cap contains.

Oh and she said that the whole de-stressing thing that people say happens with green tea isn't the actual tea, but the sitting around sipping the hot beverage, clearing your mind etc.
Oughtboy
Helot
Helot

Postby Scott » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Oughtboy wrote:
Oh and she said that the whole de-stressing thing that people say happens with green tea isn't the actual tea, but the sitting around sipping the hot beverage, clearing your mind etc.

y'know what, I was watching 'human weapon' the other day. they were at a shaolin temple drinking green tea an basically said the same thing. The whole 'ritual' of making and drinking the tea was as important to them than the effects.

what I liked about the mega dose caps was just the 8 cups per capsule thing :smile: I doubt I could drink that much per day.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Scott » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 am

started them yesterday. Give it a week or so and I should be up for challenging a shaolin monk.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Been drinking a few cups of green tea each day & can feel the "kick" from that
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby lil john » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:57 pm

got a box of green tea bags in cupboard but not had any will have to try it. What is it in them thats good? And whats it do again?
Is it just green tea or other ones like jasmine etc?

Johnathan
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:28 pm

its talked about being good for things like heart, brain, liver function. been some studies done where it looks good for fat loss and insulin sensitivity. might help against cancer and parkinsons. A general well being type of supplement.
theres a bunch of studies been done that look interesting. Worth trying anyways.

dunno about the jasmine stuff, thats more cookies field ;-)

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby lil john » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:41 am

think ill crack open that pack then
Anything for well being got to make me feel better
Sounds good

Johnathan
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:14 pm

I dont think you can go wrong. Myprotein seem like a decent company, i use them allot, and green tea is a great anti oxident. Use it with Vit C and E to boos the imune system helping effects. All these things are good but remember to swap and change what you upse ever few weeks.

for a great blood cleaning, liver and kidney detoxing, metal removing, free radical destroying, anti bacterial, imune enhancing boost, juice two or three whole garlic bulbs, a cup and a half of any red wine, berry wine ( any high anti oxident wine will do) half a table soppn of Vit C powder (Ginger also works well and has allot to offer to this mix) mix all the powder, juices in blender and blend.

A teaspoon 2 - 3 times per day is great. As well as helping with any bacterial probs and and 'cleaning' its a good boost to get you ready before cold/flu season. I also get hot from this so possible a good pre work out slurp? I have been taking tablespoons of it, then rinse mouth out, brush teath and use some essential peppermint to take smell away, then some gum lol
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby Scott » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:03 pm

fits wrote:
for a great blood cleaning, liver and kidney detoxing, metal removing, free radical destroying, anti bacterial, imune enhancing boost, juice two or three whole garlic bulbs, a cup and a half of any red wine, berry wine ( any high anti oxident wine will do) half a table soppn of Vit C powder (Ginger also works well and has allot to offer to this mix) mix all the powder, juices in blender and blend.

A teaspoon 2 - 3 times per day is great. As well as helping with any bacterial probs and and 'cleaning' its a good boost to get you ready before cold/flu season. I also get hot from this so possible a good pre work out slurp? I have been taking tablespoons of it, then rinse mouth out, brush teath and use some essential peppermint to take smell away, then some gum lol

interesting post, fits. cheers.

Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Next

Return to Nutrition