Change font size

Nutrition

Supplement Roundtable

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Supplement Roundtable

Postby Cookie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Further experiments this year have led me to consider adding:

ALCAR & malic acid regularly to my recovery support systems, both have delivered (in my opinion anyway) noticeable results every time I have added them.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:01 pm

funny thing with the creatine...............some has been fantastic, massive gains with it and then other it could have been milk powder for all the good it did............so not sure on this one

maybe yes and no

glucosamine and fish oils ..........a must have, not sure which way round as i started taking both at same time

been taking tumeric too...............not sure here as its part of the joint supplement bit

i also take 1000mg of vit c and a multi vit/mineral tab

thats about it

next order from zip vit this week so may add a few things ZMA and l glutamine are thoughts
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 pm

samurai69 wrote:funny thing with the creatine...............some has been fantastic, massive gains with it and then other it could have been milk powder for all the good it did............so not sure on this one

maybe yes and no

glucosamine and fish oils ..........a must have, not sure which way round as i started taking both at same time

been taking tumeric too...............not sure here as its part of the joint supplement bit

i also take 1000mg of vit c and a multi vit/mineral tab

thats about it

next order from zip vit this week so may add a few things ZMA and l glutamine are thoughts

Hows life mate?

try get some Curcumin in tab form or make sure yoru tumeric is 95% oure curcumin extract. its the main active ingrediant in Tumeric and the capsuals give a high dosed concentraed amount.

Use Tumeric in food as much as possible, I add it to lots of stuff from curries to omletes. Use lots of black pepper with Tumeric, the piperine in black pepper enhances the effects by as much as.... 2000% !!!!!!

If your doing it for yoru joints have you tried good old fassioned Gelatine 3 x day?
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:46 pm

plenty of gelatine

tumeric caps from zipvit

black pepper.............will do

yeh things are good

in uk 23rd but very short quick visit..........leave port22 and back in port 27th and driving most of it
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:41 pm

samurai69 wrote:tumeric caps from zipvit

thats the ones I used as well, proper 95% stuff.

I just ordered some more glucosomine from them but I got the HCI stuff this time, heard of it?
The usual glucosomine sulphate tablet will be around 60% glucosomine but the HCI is 83%...... I have no idea if that makes a big diff but they had cool pictures which sealed the deal for me ;-)

Didnt bother with the tumeric this time. I want to try just the new glucosmine.
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby samurai69 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:44 pm

got the HCI last time..............not sure if i notice a difference though

will order tumeric this time

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Currently using zipvit`s (should charge them for advertising) glucosamine (1000mg) with apple cider vinegar & quercetin.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Cookie wrote:Currently using zipvit`s (should charge them for advertising) glucosamine (1000mg) with apple cider vinegar & quercetin.

lol

should do really ........... i mention and use them a fair bit too

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Previous

Return to Nutrition