It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Nights out

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Nights out

Postby jamesy101 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 pm

Does anyone have any advice for minimizing the impact of a night out on your body? I've noticed that I've been slowly gaining some fat over the last few weeks and it seems to be corresponding with my being able to legally drink. Obviously avoiding chips afterwards is a good start but is there anything else I can do to help myself with a hectic-looking weekend ahead of me?
jamesy101
Helot
Helot

Re: Nights out

Postby Cookie » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 am

jamesy101 wrote:Does anyone have any advice for minimizing the impact of a night out on your body? I've noticed that I've been slowly gaining some fat over the last few weeks and it seems to be corresponding with my being able to legally drink. Obviously avoiding chips afterwards is a good start but is there anything else I can do to help myself with a hectic-looking weekend ahead of me?

I used to have a big meal 2-3 hours before I went out & make sure during the day I was well hydrated. Then when out I would (when I remembered) drink the odd pint of water/juice & take a multi vit/min & B complex. And as you say try to minimise the amount of fatty food consumed at end of night.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby fits » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

Plenty of water, lots of fruit the next day, try juicing carrots and beets, they will help liver, and if you really want take milk thistle or liv 52 tabes, but you ened to be taking these daily.

Other than that, DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH :lol:
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby jamesy101 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 pm

fits wrote: Other than that, DON'T DRINK TOO MUCH :lol:

Unlikely I'm afraid :lol:
Sounds like basically ensuring hydration and vitamin intake is boosted the next day is the best way to negate the damage caused, the before bed and next morning powerade tactic is a personal favourite and seems to be worth it
Cheers guys
jamesy101
Helot
Helot

Return to Nutrition