It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm
Change font size

Nutrition

Capsaicin

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Capsaicin

Postby Cookie » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:17 pm

A study conducted at the University of Oklahoma (Norman) had 28 subjects take either a supplement containing both caffeine and capsaicin or a placebo before engaging in low-intensity exercise. Researchers who measured how many calories the subjects burned both during the exercise and at rest afterward found those who had taekn the caffeine-capsaicin supplement burned more calories during exercise, as we would expect.

When they had the taken the supplement, subjects also burned more calories at rest after exercising than when they took the placebo. If you are looking to drop a bit of extra fat, make taking caffeine and capsaicin--together- part of your preworkout routine.

Ryan, E.D., et al. "Acute Effects of a Thermogenic Nutritional Supplement on Energy Expenditure and Cardiovascular Function at Rest, During Low-Intensity Exercise, and Recovery From Exercise."
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Capsaicin

Postby lil john » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:36 pm

chilli coffee could be interesting lol.
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 am

TheReaper wrote:chilli coffee could be interesting lol.

I do use cinnamon in black coffee before a workout sometimes & also black pepper in drinks.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:16 am

well indian "masala" tea uses black pepper and i am sure there is Capsaicin in black pepper
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby lil john » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:42 am

didn know that
was wondering how would you have it with caffine. hmmmm
Rebuilding the BEAR
lil john
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Capsicum, Garlic & or Galangal, Cinnamon, Ginger, Green Tea, pipperine (or black pepper), Vit C and Baking soda..... mix swallow whilst still froffing 15 mins pre workout and you will sweat/burn more fat
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to Nutrition