My Curry recepie

Postby samurai69 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:46 pm

ok this is a "take " on an egyptian style curry

Lean steak or beef cut in to stroggonoff style strands
Onion......large spanish sliced

Okra ....because i like it, but not necessary

red and green pepper............definately green pepper

tomatoes in skin and cut in halfs

mushrooms.........dad used to half them i like to 1/4 mine and dry fry first as i like the taste, but not the texture

potatoes pealed and cut in to various sizes.....important as some break down to thicken

spices

tummeric as much as possible
and "BOLS" curry powder......bols is the best

so here goes

dry fry or sear all the steak or beef then remove and fry the onions until soft re add the beef and continue cooking..........add 1 table spoon of the curry powder and about half a table spoon of tummeric...........if you can stand that much, i love it.

add in the mushrooms............mine would have been pre cooked , but its not necessary, next the potatoes so they get well covered in tumeric, add in the peppers okra and tomatoes then add water to cover.......let this lot simmer either covered or un covered for about 45 mins to an hour..........season with salt and pepper to taste and continue on the cooker for another 30 minutes ........you can cook it longer if you want but about 90 minutes is enough

then serve with decent basmati rice

sometimes i add in a chilly if its only me, but the curry powder s strong enough

beef should be very tender

no reason why you cant chuck in other bits........with the leftovers we tend to boil some eggs and chuck them in and heat for about 20 minutes...............so egg curry on day to both very tasty

Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

http://www.newspartangym.co.nr
samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Re: My Curry recepie

Postby Cookie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:49 pm

Can`t beat a good curry, I still use the one Tak posted :grin:
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Cookie wrote:Can`t beat a good curry, I still use the one Tak posted :grin:

well fucking try this one then

very different to the normal and easy to do as you just chuck it in a pot

i have also started it at lunch time and left meat and veg just sitting in the water until i get back in adn continue cooking
Ephor - one of five powerful civil magistrates in Spartan government, elected annually by the Assembly.

"I thought I was hard done by, when I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet"]

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby Cookie » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:00 pm

samurai69 wrote: well fucking try this one then

If you are going to get personal over a curry xx321

Might try over weekend
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby samurai69 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:18 pm

we have a dinner party thing next week and thats what i am serving up

i love em.........dont do them enough here really maybe more in the winter

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm

I love a curry!!! i ever cook to recipes myself, I just chuck a load of stuff in a pan and hope for the best!
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Postby samurai69 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm

fits wrote:I love a curry!!! i ever cook to recipes myself, I just chuck a load of stuff in a pan and hope for the best!

lol, thats more or less what this one is.....just that its very yellow.........high tumeric and very tasty

samurai69
Ephor
Ephor

Postby fits » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:01 pm

samurai69 wrote:
fits wrote:I love a curry!!! i ever cook to recipes myself, I just chuck a load of stuff in a pan and hope for the best!

lol, thats more or less what this one is.....just that its very yellow.........high tumeric and very tasty

I whack tumeric in lots of stuff these days. I make eggs in the oven with loads of tumeric, garlic, herbs and spices, it comes out lovely!

I stewed Ox tale the other day, that was good, although a little bit... bitty...
Long John silver has nothing on me
fits
Polemarch.
Polemarch.

Return to Nutrition