It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am
Change font size

Nutrition

Hemp

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hemp

Postby Melas Zomos » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Hmmm, I will check it out. Don't think I would have a problem with it. However my significant other might as she currently has very strict phosphorus/potassium/sodium restrictions so I will have to check out those values.

But the even bigger question, do your kids like it and would they use it for their morning cereal? :mrgreen:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:Hmmm, I will check it out. Don't think I would have a problem with it. However my significant other might as she currently has very strict phosphorus/potassium/sodium restrictions so I will have to check out those values.

Only thing I can find on the side of the carton is:

Sodium 0.13g per 250ml serving
Equivalent as salt 0.31g per 250ml serving

But the even bigger question, do your kids like it and would they use it for their morning cereal? :mrgreen:

Had one of them drinking it straight out of a glass :finga:

Someone else who tried it yesterday said they thought it tasted similar to the leftover milk you have in the bottom of the bowl once you've finished eating the cereal with that cereal aftertaste.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Melas Zomos » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Cookie wrote:Had one of them drinking it straight out of a glass

That is certainly encouraging, and probably a more accurate gauge. I learned a long time ago never to trust ex-bodybuilders when it comes to taste.... :finga: back at ya :finga:
“The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.” Citizen G’Kar
Melas Zomos
Lochagos
Lochagos

Postby Cookie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Melas Zomos wrote:
Cookie wrote:Had one of them drinking it straight out of a glass

That is certainly encouraging, and probably a more accurate gauge. I learned a long time ago never to trust ex-bodybuilders when it comes to taste.... :finga: back at ya :finga:

One has a refined palate unlike our American cousins with their heavily fructose, sugar and salt laden diets. Hey at least our kids can drink milk not "flavoured" milk like they do in schools across the pond. :mrgreen:

As for the hemp milk. Just finished it & will be buying more. Just not making hot cocao chocolate with it.
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Started adding some organic hemp seeds to my fruit & nut mix for work. Adds a nice crunch to the mixture.

Even one of the kids likes them :shock:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Previous

Return to Nutrition