Change font size

Nutrition

Hemp

Syssitia : The communal & military mess of adult Spartan warriors

Moderator: Moderators

Hemp

Postby Cookie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Hemp protein powder anyone used?
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

"wyrd bið ful aræd" Destiny is Everything
Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Re: Hemp

Postby Cookie » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:03 pm

So no one then :lol:

Ok I have some & have to say quite pleased with the fact it doesn`t cause any intestinal distress, taste funky & looks wonderfully green when mixed :lol:

Hoping that the manufacturing process keeps everything as a "food" rather than something that is just mass produced.

Lower protein serving than whey but as yet that doesn`t seem to be a problem
"If you don't have conditioning it doesn't matter how big your muscles are they ain't gonna reach their full potential!"

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Scott » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Cookie wrote:So no one then :lol:

nope, just you...... hippy!
:mrgreen:
FIGHTING SOLVES EVERYTHING

Get Dropped But I'm Right Back In

Wendy Who Web Development
Scott
Dioscuri
Dioscuri

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 am

Halfway through tub & quite pleased with this so far, no gastro issues like gas or bloating, taste still takes a little getting used to & its not the most dissolvable product available.

http://www.mybikefood.com/article1.html

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Little update from earlier post.........

This week I`ll be using 1 scoop of hemp powder per meal to see how much it improves recovery. Now this week is meant to be a deload week for me & it will be interesting to see how much more quickly I recover during this week compared to previous deload weeks. I had also shown a loss of weight last week partly due to an increase in daily workloads & again nice to see if that added protein calories from the hemp will aid in regaining that loss.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:36 am

Pleased with the results so far in regards to helping me keep overall protein levels up during this rather lazy deload week & the fact I don`t feel as if I have dropped any weight like I normally do when not training all out.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Still using & liking,

Adding in a new twist, have started including a wee drop of apple fibre to increase the fibre content slightly more & using small amounts of vanilla seeds from a vanilla pod to help give the shake a nice flavour, trouble with hemp is that it can be quite bitter on its own & looking into other natural ways to flavour it just for fun.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Hugh double barrelled name of River Cottage fame had hemp on his program this week with a nice idea for me to try..

Watch this space for more details, good or bad :lol:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Today we made hemp bread, well bread with a few scoops of hemp powder added :lol:

Needs a little work, bread did not rise as normal & I think it will need a little longer on the cooking front.

Tastes ok, but may need more hemp in to bring protein ratio up a little more, added 28 grams worth to the flour which had roughly 70 grams of protein, then a wee bit more from the milk. Looking at 100-110 grams for a loaf a little over 1lb. Trouble with adding more hemp in will be the bitter taste I find it has, may have to find a way around that & use more yeast to give the loaf a lighter texture.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Bread works a treat :grin:

Now adding a teaspoon of cocoa powder, apple pectin & wheatgrass to hemp shakes (not all at the same time) sometimes a little coconut milk to add a bit of taste & texture.

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:47 pm

10kg of this now on its way, bought bulk saved 77 quid & there was mention of some freebies to try out :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Postby Cookie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Cookie wrote:10kg of this now on its way, bought bulk saved 77 quid & there was mention of some freebies to try out :mrgreen:

Geeezzzzz 10kg of protein comes in one BIG drum :shock: :lol:

They chucked in 2 new water/shake bottles & 3 energy/food bars :mrgreen:

21st century Takism

Cookie
Leonidas
Leonidas

Next

Return to Nutrition